ZC assistance... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ZC assistance...

IDK much about hondas....I just recently bought myself a Honda CRX SI /w a DOHC ZC motor in it...im not sure what camshafts i should be looking for...cuz some places require the model of the vehicle.... i know that its an engine swap..but from what?....can anyone help me on what camshafts i have to buy?
spark plug type? \
wires.... / can i get these items at a basic autoparts store?

idk what im lookin for engine wise....
would appreciate help.. thx....

Last edited by jtroy917; 01-10-2006 at 07:36 PM.
jtroy917 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2006, 02:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 91HB-D15b2 will become famous soon enough91HB-D15b2 will become famous soon enough91HB-D15b2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

big fat lumpy ones!!
91HB-D15b2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2006, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

If your looking for after market go here
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

thx very much...much help
Old 01-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Or you can try comp cams or crower... or ebay.com

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Aem Adj. Cam Gears

i got a set of AEM ADJ. Cam gears, it was already installed when i bought the car....but 1 is advanced by 2degrees.....i dont undertand about advancing and retarding..what are their effect / defects? and if i were to adjust them....would i have to take off tension to the belt or would i only need to unscrew the cam?...
Old 01-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

If it's a JDM ZC, I'd say go to JGEngine Dynamics. From what I understand, everyone else just sells D16A1 stuff. According to JG, A1 stuff will work but it's not ideal. IDK, but it seems like JG has spent a lot of time testing and engineering parts specifically for the ZC, which is slightly different than the A1.

icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in