most psi on a stock internal dohc zc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2005, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway
Default most psi on a stock internal dohc zc

i was going to go witht he zc in the hatch, but i decided to run the jdm dohc zc tuned with uber up grade the fuel pump and fpr. im going to use my turbo kit on it. my friend is helping me tune it and hes pretty damn good, if we do a hella good tune and i upgrade my fuel system would i be able maybe to run 5psi daily drivin and 15 on a saturday before i race? i know 15psi is kinda high but its kind of a race i need to pull off

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

you can run 8psi reliably all day long... 15psi and your going to blow your engine sooner or later... You need a built motor for that..
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 08:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

47264459357 psi easy

psi is an arbitrary value, it doesnt mean shit. it depends on what turbo you are running because all turbos flow different air at the same psi

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2005, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....

im running the 2nd gen dsm, dsm injectors as well, ive heard of people running 12 psi on these turbos and ive seen one idiot running 20psi on his talon stock and the motor died. with a good tune and correct fuelmanagement for one race could i run 12-15psi and not damage anything

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

pm me

add us on myspace yO!

Last edited by NEP-tuningalltheway; 12-25-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
47264459357 psi easy

psi is an arbitrary value, it doesnt mean shit. it depends on what turbo you are running because all turbos flow different air at the same psi
I'm not saying yoiu can't do it but you do have a higher chance of breaking something on a stock motor.... Their is never a garentee your not going to break something.... But if you are going to run that much boost on an old engine I'd suggest having an extra motor laying around if it's your only ride...
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

its pretty much our weekend car for the track and street races, this guy ive known for a while is buying an 06 vette and he wants to go paychecks with anyone i know or me. i rode in one last month there pretty quick but my friends integra pulled faster i drove it right after i drove the vette and the integra pulled a 12.9 on slicks at the track here and that track is pretty high altitued (im in utah) so im going to try to build this dohc zc to take the vette, i just need the motor to last one run lol hes making 25grand a check he gets paid monthly working for this company in iraq

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

forged h-beam rods are only a few hundred bucks.
ef pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 rkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enough

It should take it, but it may not run very long. A friend of mine pulled a 12.5 with a turbo'd ZC, it was a larger turbo than your DSM at 15PSI. It only lasted thru one weekend or drags and about 2 weeks street driving and it got a rod knock. Careful tuning should win your race but don't expect it to last much longer.
rkcarguySI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguySI
It should take it, but it may not run very long. A friend of mine pulled a 12.5 with a turbo'd ZC, it was a larger turbo than your DSM at 15PSI. It only lasted thru one weekend or drags and about 2 weeks street driving and it got a rod knock. Careful tuning should win your race but don't expect it to last much longer.
what turbo was he running, its going to be ran 5psi than 15 for the race

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 12-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

A chance to win 25grand turn it up and say a prayer.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

pretty much what i plan on doing. normally if someone told me that id laugh cuz they would never pay but he will so im going to give it a shot. when i run him the video will be on this site

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 12-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

bump bumped

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 12-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

I think theres a group buy on the tuner toys h-beam rods again

check out the pile, make offers!

Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

yup
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...1&page=1&pp=20

check out the pile, make offers!

Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2005, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

you should be able to run 7 psi daily, 5 is a little low. even know psi isn't an accurate unit, like said above but somthin like that
ef pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 04:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
its pretty much our weekend car for the track and street races, this guy ive known for a while is buying an 06 vette and he wants to go paychecks with anyone i know or me. i rode in one last month there pretty quick but my friends integra pulled faster i drove it right after i drove the vette and the integra pulled a 12.9 on slicks at the track here and that track is pretty high altitued (im in utah) so im going to try to build this dohc zc to take the vette, i just need the motor to last one run lol hes making 25grand a check he gets paid monthly working for this company in iraq
That 06 Corvette better not be a Z06. If it is you don't stand a chance. The 06 Z06 runs high 11s right off the showroom floor. Uless you build the block and get a bigger turbo I doubt that you will be able to get enough HP to beat a new Vette.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

i was thinking the same thing
better see what model it is first
15 psi wont cut it if its a z06 man, and if its not, turn that boost up idf your not worrie dabout blowing it, id say 15 -18 psi should hold for long enough to beat him lol

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2005, 07:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 staticchmbr is learning the way of the Dstaticchmbr is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

the stock motor can handle about 200-225 HP with a good tuning. any more, and i would build the bottom end.

the amount of PSI doesn't mean CRAP..its as long as you don't go over the power rating
Old 12-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34
i was thinking the same thing
better see what model it is first
15 psi wont cut it if its a z06 man, and if its not, turn that boost up idf your not worrie dabout blowing it, id say 15 -18 psi should hold for long enough to beat him lol
ya man i dont think he will be getting the z06. if he does thats when i call my friends shop and make a deal.

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

well if he makes as much as you say he does, id be willing to bet its a z06 and its prolly modded

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in