ZC Block - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2005, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z-C-R-X

Default ZC Block

Does anyone know where i can get a zc or d16a1 block on any sites please?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

There are a few lying around in South Africa...(New blocks)
hondatrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2005, 06:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

JDM importers can get you the ZC

www.hmotorsonline.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2005, 06:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
vtec4500

what year did the d16al came off of.maybe i can help you out.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

86-89 integra, but you might want a 88-89 since its electronic adavanced timing

check out the pile, make offers!

Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2005, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-C-R-X
I have an extra zc block sitting around but what are you planning on putting it in? civic or teg? you may want to specifiy what car your putting it in or you might end up needing to get or fabricate mounts...
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2005, 05:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-C-R-X
The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 blocks are different. If its going into a 84-87 Civic/CRX then you need the D16a1. If you are putting it in a 88-91 Civic/CRX then you need the DOHC ZC. The mounts and tranny bolt holes are different so you will need to make sure you get the right one.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikocivic
The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 blocks are different. If its going into a 84-87 Civic/CRX then you need the D16a1. If you are putting it in a 88-91 Civic/CRX then you need the DOHC ZC. The mounts and tranny bolt holes are different so you will need to make sure you get the right one.
I love these answers!! I will try and be gentle. Do some research. There are 86-89 DOHC Integra ZC's. The 88-91 Civic ZC is not the only ZC in the universe as many believe. There are also SOHC ZC's. Do some research and get informed. JS

Edit:The 88-91 ZC will fit into a 2G CRX but not a 1G CRX/3G Civic without mount fabrication. The 86-89 Teg ZC's will fit into a 1G CRX/3G Civic but not into 2G CRX without mount fabrication. But then again with some ingenuity and $$$ you can make almost anything work. Either engine will fit into my Mini project as does a B16. JS

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP

Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Last edited by strudel; 12-31-2005 at 06:17 PM.
strudel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to allmotorsohcisbest Send a message via Yahoo to allmotorsohcisbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volitech
I have an extra zc block sitting around but what are you planning on putting it in? civic or teg? you may want to specifiy what car your putting it in or you might end up needing to get or fabricate mounts...
Do you have just the block or the whole engine? If just the block, where could I get a head for it?
allmotorsohcisbest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
pelon_84

im lost...

Last edited by ryan89crx; 01-05-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorsohcisbest
Do you have just the block or the whole engine? If just the block, where could I get a head for it?
I only have the block! I have an extra head for it but their is a 12mm nut sticking out of one of the valves... the kid I bought the engine from droped a nut down the intake and didn't think it would be a problem so he started it up..... Could be fixed but you'd have to get new valves...
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by strudel
I love these answers!! I will try and be gentle. Do some research. There are 86-89 DOHC Integra ZC's. The 88-91 Civic ZC is not the only ZC in the universe as many believe. There are also SOHC ZC's. Do some research and get informed. JS

Edit:The 88-91 ZC will fit into a 2G CRX but not a 1G CRX/3G Civic without mount fabrication. The 86-89 Teg ZC's will fit into a 1G CRX/3G Civic but not into 2G CRX without mount fabrication. But then again with some ingenuity and $$$ you can make almost anything work. Either engine will fit into my Mini project as does a B16. JS
Thank you for just restating what I had already said

I also never said that the 88-91 DOHC ZC was the only one. He asked if anyone had a ZC or D16a1 block. I was just pointing out that they are NOT the same thing.
I am glad you love my answers
Old 01-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok, Let's break your original comments into three pieces.
Quote:
The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 blocks are different.
Agreed only if you are talking about an 88-91 Civic ZC which I suspect you are. But let's not forget that the 86-89 Integra ZC's have similar blocks and are interchangeable.
Quote:
If its going into a 84-87 Civic/CRX then you need the D16a1
Agreed or you need an 86-89 Integra ZC-My point
Quote:
If you are putting it in a 88-91 Civic/CRX then you need the DOHC ZC
Agreed only if you mean an 88-91 Civic ZC which again I suspect you do.

Latest response.
Quote:
He asked if anyone had a ZC or D16a1 block. I was just pointing out that they are NOT the same thing.
This is where you were only half right and should have explained that are two ZC's that LOOK similar but are not. As stated 1. 86-89 Integra ZC and D16A1-Interchangeable 2. 88-91 Civic ZC and D16A1 are different but some parts are useable in the D16A1. Each has their specific use and if done correctly the 88-91 ZC will also fit nicely into an 1G CRX.

My complaint is that in most cases the term "DOHC ZC" needs to be qualified as to which version one is talking about so that everyone is on the same page. Ther are two distinct versions or three actually if you break the Integra DOHC ZC into it's two formats(browntop and blacktop) which have their own nuances. JS

Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Black Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enough

strudel

Many people don't know all the veriations of the ZC motors....

People just dont get it sometimes......

if people still don't get it...

go to the Torsion Bar Brothers!

www.redpepperracing.com
www.g1teg.org
Black Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Black Mountain
Always good to have an ally. See you on the RPR and G1. JS

Old 01-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 94lxcivic  is slowly gaining respect94lxcivic  is slowly gaining respect94lxcivic  is slowly gaining respect94lxcivic  is slowly gaining respect94lxcivic  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via AIM to 94lxcivic Send a message via Yahoo to 94lxcivic

go to jspecautosports.com!!! they have the whole swap package!
1994 Bonneville - JUNK!
1994 civic sedan - gone
1988 civic dx hatch - sold
1995 civic sedan turbo. - knock knock knock knock spun bearings suck.
1994 Accord Lx - new DD
94lxcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
afrookie

where are you at? I'm pulling my d16 block this next week and may be able to hook you up with a head as well.

i'm in little rock AR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in