0BD1 DOHC ZC Swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2005, 04:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Keepin it real since 1984

whitey_4g It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitey_4g Send a message via Yahoo to whitey_4g
Default 0BD1 DOHC ZC Swap

So, i have this project Eg and i live near SoKo (Engine Importers) i was looking into doing a ZC 1.6 SOHC Vtec (they do make em'), BUT come to find out the Dohc Zc and the Sohc Vtec 1.6 Zc are gonna be pretty much the same price... can any one point me in the right direction for any kind of instructions on swapping a Dx - Dohc Zc?
i would be thankful for any help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

whitey_4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough

Ive got one in a del sol. its a straight forward swap. HMOTORSONLINE.com has them, you have to call they arent listed on the web site. My advice to you is make sure you purchase the ECU that goes with it, and try and get the LSD tranny as well....Other than that its plug and play......Use your stock wiring harness, but your stock ECU isnt that great of an idea. Change the timing belt, use the one from a 90 prelude Si. CAm seals if you need them are the same as a del sol B16. Trust me the ECU is the key to making this swap worth it, without that ecu the engine sucks!!
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajosh
Ive got one in a del sol. its a straight forward swap. HMOTORSONLINE.com has them, you have to call they arent listed on the web site. My advice to you is make sure you purchase the ECU that goes with it, and try and get the LSD tranny as well....Other than that its plug and play......Use your stock wiring harness, but your stock ECU isnt that great of an idea. Change the timing belt, use the one from a 90 prelude Si. CAm seals if you need them are the same as a del sol B16. Trust me the ECU is the key to making this swap worth it, without that ecu the engine sucks!!
i can use the stock Dx wiring harness? or am i better off with an Ex harness? i'm planing on running aP28 chipped w/ chrome, it's gonna be turbo'd! i was just gonna pick up the long block since i have a Z6 tranny already.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

A OBD1 zc will bolt right in and the dx harness will be plug and play....
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough

why the p28? its a non vtec engine, just get the right ecu and use your harness
Old 12-19-2005, 05:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
why the p28? its a non vtec engine, just get the right ecu and use your harness
i plan on turboing it and chipping the ecu w/ chrome...

Old 12-19-2005, 06:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

So why not run the ZC ecu, then chip it when you turbo...
Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
So why not run the ZC ecu, then chip it when you turbo...
i dunno, i kinda just figured i'd pick up the long block and them pick up a p28 later... i didnt know you could chip the Dohc Zc ecus...

Old 12-19-2005, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

sorry to threadjack, but this question relates to u 2,

does the stock motor mounts for the EG/93-95 Del Sol engine mounts work on the DOHC ZC?

Dont forget to get the proper length axles... I think it's a mix/match on either side.

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

yes it uses the same mounts, you only need to worry axels if you buy the zc tranny, if you use the stock tranny you dont need them.....axels are the same as any other d-series anyway.....
Old 01-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
94egcivic

Dont mean to thread jack but I dont want to start another thread.

So from what I gather, the ZC swaps right in plug for plug into and EG correct? The one im using was OBD0 I was building it in my EF so that why Im keeping it and wanting to put it in my EG I have the mounts for the EG and OBD1 ZC diztributor. My question is regarding the IM, will an OBD0 one work as long as I use my CX injectors or are they too small? I have the firewall mounted map sensor as well. Will my stock P05 get the car running to driveable conditions? I will chip it with a P29 PROM as soon as I swap I just need to make sure the car will actually start with the stock P05. Ive got the si tranny as well so its pretty much all ready to go minus the manifold I just want to confirm everything first.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87

Yeah there is a ZC SOHC and the DOHC but not sure how to help u DAN
Check my photography

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloReaper87
Yeah there is a ZC SOHC and the DOHC but not sure how to help u DAN
lol, at least you tryed man!

so are you all having good luck with the Dohc ZC or No?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
RodriguezZC

well u can also use a p75 computer which i am using in my car..it works i need a new one because i blew my ecu because i crossed the tpc sensor so yeah
Old 03-08-2006, 08:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

if this helps at al ive got a sohc zc vtec in my cx eg running a p28 with an ex tranny, runs pretty good
previous owner did the swap so i dont have all the info on wiring but if you cant figure it out i can try n get ahold of the guy

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87
Talking HMM i hit the good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey_4g
lol, at least you tryed man!

so are you all having good luck with the Dohc ZC or No?
The hell with that im looking for a swap on my new Si hehehe u know Brandon old Civic or hoopty:alky:
Check my photography

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

wow.. thers alot of confusing questions in here.. i just recently did the obd1 dohc zc swap in my 92 cx hatch.. if anybody has anyquestions feel free to pm me i will help out as much as possible.. im using the obd1 dohc zc hydr zc tranny with halfshaft.... the right computer to get would be the p29... they are very hard to find.. i got very lucky and bought mine from a guy on thezcr forums for 60 shipped.. its in excellent condition.. i was happy but you can chip anycomputer to the p29 specs.. id just get the cheapest one like the p05 cx computer since the p29 specs only use 1 wire o2 anyway...

the motor is a direct swap with an ex tranny.. use the axles for the car and use the dx wiring harness.. or the cx wiring harness would be better since u only need the 1 wire o2 sensor wire anyway.. it wont look like crap like mine.. i am using the ex harness.. (the only spare i had) so i have the vtec pressure switch sensor and solinoid plugs there.. and i have my 1 wire o2 soldered in with the 3 wires sitting there..kinda ghetto .. just use teh cx harness

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
zcgod

the dohc and sohc zc's are all plug and play. Look at your O2 sensor and the map sensor. If the map is on the fire wall get an engine with it on the fire wall'if your o2 is 1 wire get an engine with one wire. try to get the ecu or chip it to what ever you need to to turbo it. there are seveal zc's to look for the 1st gen brown top(88 89)integra, the 2nd black top(88 91)obd0,and the 3rd black top obd1 (92 95). the sohc is for the 88 to 95 civic. it has vtec or non vtec. All d series parts are interchangable so you oppsones are great. Just look a round. I have the obd1 dohc zc with a t25 turbo and i had no problem with the install. If you need any more help let me know
Old 03-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hey siregcivic what axles are you using with the zc tranny. i have a 94 si hatch and my tranny is gettin bad. my bro friend said he got a zc dohc tranny and he would sell it for cheap. only thing is he dont have the halfshaft thing. but i think u can use the one from 89 integra rite? i need to know what i need to make it work. the motor is still gonna be the sohc vtec.
HmongEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2006, 02:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

i had to make custom axles.. you can buy them from raxles.comi gues there kinda expensive... i bought 2 ride side axles for my car.. the civic 1 drivers side 94-01 integra axle and 1 passanger side 88-89 acura integra axle

its kinda a pain in the ass to make them if u dont know what ur doing.. if u live in cali somewhere near socal i can help you out.. but what u have to do is take the inner cups that go into the transmission off the integra axles and put them on the civic axles it takes me about 30 minutes to do it and put them on

if u want u can pm me and i will show u the pictrues actually i did a write up on how to make them search for it... how to put a zc tranny in 92-00 civic

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in