New ZC'er here... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Silent Knight

Default New ZC'er here...

....well I am actually joining the zc club as we type. I have wanted a zc for a few years now. I saw a posting on a local forum. A guy was selling a zc out of a running car. I went over and it had the harness but no dizzy. looked like a good long block. I have him 225 for it.
I have been getting parts together for the past month.
the car is an 89 crx si.
-new proclutch stage 1 clutch
-lightened 97' flywheel ( 11 lbs. )
-generic intake
-catback w/turbo style muffler
-zc upper manifold w/ 95 civic ex lower manifold
-Bonus...the car cam with skunk2 camgears in blue ( might need some help setting timing. I gues they are one tooth off on the markings? )
-short throw shifter with e.s. bushings
I dropped off the car this mourning at my local mexican mechanic shop. They have swapped several motors on my dads work trucks and I know that they do good work. It should be ready tomarow night. I yold them that I would wire the dizzy. they are doing the swap for 350.

I cant tell you guys how exitied I am to be driving a zc powered crx. I have been wanting a lightweight flywheel for a long time also.

I am going to do this car right. no hack jobs or b.s.
my plans include
-milling the head about .030
-header or stock 96 and up ex exhaust mainifold ( they are lightweight, tubular designed and cheap.
-running a pm6 chipped with a stock pm7 chip ( already have this)
-adjustible regulator.
-dyno tunning with turbo edit
-Dreaming of red rota gt3's
-delta cams

Thats it for my wish list .
please feel free to add anything that might be helpful
I am glad to be apart of this group.

Last edited by Silent Knight; 12-08-2005 at 01:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

i like your manifold combo, ZC upper, SI/EX lower...I had to do that before too.

rethink your y8 header choice...the 99/2k ones are the ones you want, not the 96-98, those suck

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Silent Knight

ohhh..ok I will do that on the header....
on my last y7 motor that i had in the crx. I changed to a y8 inake mani and a b18 throttle body. I loved it . I want to add a b-series tb and the 88- 89 intake manifold. Portmatched of course. I love doing the little things that sometimes get overlooked. Like adding camgears or a fpr maybe an intake mani gasket from nextgear. I am going to do a DIY grounding kit also (HKS Style).

---I love the look of the stock airbox with some larger tubeing. What aibox and what tubing should I look for? I am tired of this ebay shortram intake that came with the car.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Knight
ohhh..ok I will do that on the header....
on my last y7 motor that i had in the crx. I changed to a y8 inake mani and a b18 throttle body. I loved it . I want to add a b-series tb and the 88- 89 intake manifold. Portmatched of course. I love doing the little things that sometimes get overlooked. Like adding camgears or a fpr maybe an intake mani gasket from nextgear. I am going to do a DIY grounding kit also (HKS Style).

---I love the look of the stock airbox with some larger tubeing. What aibox and what tubing should I look for? I am tired of this ebay shortram intake that came with the car.
I think you can put a Teg GSR tube and box in, dont quote me tho

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

shit build up sounds like its on its way man, id love to here how ur setup goes when its swapped
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Silent Knight

thanks man....I am picking it up tomarrow night. I will wire up the dizzy right there in the lot and hopefully it will fire on the first try. I will have to take it ease for the first 500 miles while the clutch breaks in. after that I will put in the pm7 chip and see what it will do.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

nice man, i wana see how all ur new shit goes, dyno it or something
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Silent Knight

dyno tunning is one of those "little things" that that I am going to do/ just get the air/fuel and timing optimized on the first trip. then get cam gears dialed in on the next trip.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

awesome mate, id love to here who u go and see some pics. plz keep us updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in