4-1 header to fit dohc zc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 4-1 header to fit dohc zc

ive been looking for a 4-1 style header to fit a dohc zc but i have had no luck the only option at the moment is a custom one but im not keen on that due to cost, is there a header from another d engine that will fit? or can be modified a littl to fit?

thanks hamish
Trench_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sohcnovtec is learning the way of the Dsohcnovtec is learning the way of the D

Iam pretty sure DC sports makes, or at least made a header for that particular engine. It being a DOHC 1.6 and all maybe a header from a B16 would work?. Something to look into.
sohcnovtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

I have a rare JDM ZC DOHC 4-2-1 header that I got for my 89 integra and never installed it. I'm installing my turbo now, damn I let it go to waste.

check out the pile, make offers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2005, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcnovtec
It being a DOHC 1.6 and all maybe a header from a B16 would work?.
Nope.

Just find a 4-1 for a d16a6 (88-91 CRX Si) and it will work. Depending on the header you will probably have to port it out a bit to match the ports on the ZC head.

Chris
crxrocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

ok any suggestions to what brand i should look at , porting is not a problem i would have to port them anyway because its had one very big head job , oh and yes dc sport does make a header for them its what i have now but its 4-2-1 not 4-1
Old 11-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Kamikaze makes a header for the Si which is a 4-1 design. I had one on my JRSC'd ZC.
crxrocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2005, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

kool thanks man
Old 12-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxrocks
Kamikaze makes a header for the Si which is a 4-1 design. I had one on my JRSC'd ZC.
the kamakazi 4-1 header is a power loss on a dohc zc, unless you have a supercharger.

Here's my pic that I took of a DC header for a d16a6, with the ZC gasket on it. As you can see, there's very little overlap, you do not need to port it at all, but if you're like me, you did anyway so you could be "cool"

EDIT: hey Volitech why did you give me neg rep for this useful image? That was pretty harsh

Last edited by f00ker; 12-11-2005 at 09:36 AM.
f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

that would be perfect becasue i have to port them anyway since the ports are a fair bit larger than stock , thanks man
Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench_Rat
that would be perfect becasue i have to port them anyway since the ports are a fair bit larger than stock , thanks man
No problem fellas

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in