Ideas for a 91' Civic LX - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Tsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami Send a message via MSN to Tsunami Send a message via Skype™ to Tsunami
Default Ideas for a 91' Civic LX

Hey all.. Just wondering if I could get some opinions on building up a 91' LX. It's all stock, except for the CAI. I'm wanting to swap in a DOHC ZC, 5spd transmission, and possible putting on a jackson sc... Just to say I'm not looking to make a beast out of it . As much as I would like to.. Highschool still getting in the way of having anything more than part time work... Alrighty.. Thanks all for your time..

My baby, a year ago.

Last edited by Tsunami; 11-25-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2005, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

um...couple questions...what high school do you goto and why did you choose the s/n tsunami? sorry im nozy...and you live in sac and i jus think thats a big coincidence lol

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Tsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like BoratTsunami smells like Borat
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami Send a message via MSN to Tsunami Send a message via Skype™ to Tsunami

Haha.. Sheldon High... Tsunami is from my old internet radio station I ran wit my friend... Plus im in Japanese 3 and stuff soo yeah..

Old 11-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano

ooo a huskie...cool...as far as ideas, since youre still in high school, and i know how hard it is to build a car in high school, i would suggest conecntrating on just bolt on's...start with the basics, intake header and exhaust, and that would actually help since youre planning on going s/c...maybe a clutch and flywheel too if you can

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
Old 11-25-2005, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yeah... I'm just mainly looking for people's experiences with their ZC swaps... Plus where I could get a good motor/transmission/ecu combo.. I need to go down to HAP and see if they have anything, but online I found them running around the $800's.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hap is expensive but theyre local and have a lot of good condition parts...

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
Old 11-25-2005, 07:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

A dohc swap would be a definate sleeper. If your DPFI you'll need to do a MPFI conversion unless your combo comes with a complete harness. A D16A1 swap would be cheaper/ the same. Just buy a crashed 88-89 teg, swap everything over and toss in the zc cams to make up the hp difference.

check out the pile, make offers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87

Not bad! I have seen worst but since it a Honda there is a exception right there any other car SCREW them. stick to a JDM look just don't stuff the car with Heavy dark tints and right around busting out Drive By's late at night. Happy hunting with ur parts
Check my photography
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Better buy that JRSC while you can, I heard that quantities are limited on those, and the other D series JRSC wont bolt to that DOHC head...........Good luck
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yeah, I am going for that sleeper effect... Gettting tired of all the primer colored CRX's running around here... Anyways... Thanks for the idea chaos.. I'll look into the D16A1.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami
Hey all.. Just wondering if I could get some opinions on building up a 91' LX. It's all stock, except for the CAI. I'm wanting to swap in a DOHC ZC, 5spd transmission, and possible putting on a jackson sc... Just to say I'm not looking to make a beast out of it . As much as I would like to.. Highschool still getting in the way of having anything more than part time work... Alrighty.. Thanks all for your time..

My baby, a year ago.

LOL

it's me, 6 years ago!

Got my first civic when I was 15, put a DOHC ZC in my 88 LX when I was 16

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

here's what you do. On a weekend, since you probably use the car for school commuting...

DPFI to MPFI conversion, if you want to, snag a delta cam (262 or 272) and an adjustable cam gear.

That will keep you busy for a weekend and will be the best upgrade other than a turbo that you can do to your car right now.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

got any more pics? That spoiler looks like the one i was going to get on my '91 sedan. Wings west or 90/91 teg (modded)

Old 11-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Haha its the OEM spolier off my friend's 93 accord... Yeah I got more pics somewhere...
Old 11-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Back View...
Old 11-25-2005, 11:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Back View...
fix the tail lights, they bring shame to the sedans... OEM > black masked

edit: either paint the whole car black or lose those tails!!!

Old 11-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Well the tail lights are back to OEM now anyways.. Insurance company was going to cancle my policy for them.. My brother is learning how to do auto painting right now and this spring he is supposed to be comming out to help me paint it.. Thinking about either midnight blue or jet black..
Old 11-25-2005, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Well the tail lights are back to OEM now anyways.. Insurance company was going to cancle my policy for them.. My brother is learning how to do auto painting right now and this spring he is supposed to be comming out to help me paint it.. Thinking about either midnight blue or jet black..
YES!

You sir are awesome!

Midnight blue would be hot!

Old 11-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quick pic of the engine bay... Fear the stock power! Yeah....

+
=

[ Well, it rides better than Yo mama! ]
[ Daily Driver "Toshi": 91' Honda Civic LX ]
[ Sold: 89' Volvo 740GL ]
[
]

Last edited by Tsunami; 11-26-2005 at 08:22 PM. Reason: I know.. I seriously need to clean it...
Old 11-29-2005, 10:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i got a 91 lx w/ a zc its no beast but ive got a huge kill list with it check it outcheck it out here
dank91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in