SLow ZC.....why???? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default SLow ZC.....why????

I have a 95 del sol with an OBD1 ZC (DOHC) JDM ZC OBD1 P29 ecu and the hydro JDM si tranny with LSD. I have the D16z6 exhaust manifold and an intake. I have an aftermarket muffler with stock piping. Yet the car does not seem all that fast......Im wondering how much of a diff a cat back exhaust system really makes......I have friends with DOHC ZCs in there EF chassis and they seem alot faster... I just cant figure out what the problem is.......They are using stock DX trannys.......yet are much quicker than the del sol....is it the weight diff? What could the problem be?? I am running a 17x7 wheel and they are using 14-15 inch wheels.....
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2005, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

The weight of the car and the wheel size is going to make a huge difference especially if you have really heavy rims...
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
ccfab

its not going to be fast anyways, but yes weight difference for sure will play a role here.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2005, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 skr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

ur car weighs alot more
your rims weigh alot more
that stock exhaust and manifold are hurting u
skr33t_rac3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
IXLR8

Default slow ZC....

I have a '93 DX myself; In the beginning I was running the stock 13" rims, and the car seemed to put you back in the seat; Now I'm sitting on 17" rims, and the car is a lot slower. I put on a full Megan Racing Exhaust (Headers, Test Pipe, and Cat Back) and it has helped out a lot. You're right though, the car seems a lot slower after I put it on the 17's.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

The ef is alot lighter, the rims and the tube frame of a del sol will make your car alot heavier which will definately slow your car down compared to an ef.. and a highflow catback wont make to much of a difference either..
LazYboY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

the del sol is called the del slo for a reason.... they have a really rigid frame because of the pop top.. if you take the roof off an ef or an eg, the sides would callapse..
the del slo uses a stronger more rigid unibody..

the 95 del sol curb weight ranges between 2200-2450lbs
the stock 90 hatchback curb weight is 2127lbs
the stock 95 DX coupe curb weight is 2234lbs
the stock 95 EX coupe curb weight is 2390lbs
that is why the dohc zc is better in an ef than a del slo... b-series is the best candidate for making a del slo faster (the motor swap way, excluding boosted d-series which would be better)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajosh
They are using stock DX trannys.......yet are much quicker than the del sol....is it the weight diff? What could the problem be?? I am running a 17x7 wheel and they are using 14-15 inch wheels.....
Your answer is the wheels why do you have 17" wheels on a Civic/Integra chassis you can't even by a small enough tire to have the factory diameter. Do yourself a favor and go to 15's with 50 series or 16 with 40 series tires. Your car is probably a lot heavier than you think as well
D-Series King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in