Dohc zc oil control orifice - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Dohc zc oil control orifice

Measurements taken with a cheapy H.F. digital caliper.

Shameless showcase of something i just got back from the machine shop

I Will be updating specs on the o ring later, I destroyed mine on removal, so I will source another one, along with a d16a6 orifice to verify interchange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_193833.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	601.1 KB
ID:	125509   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_193301.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	832.1 KB
ID:	125511   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_193135.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	712.6 KB
ID:	125513   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_192939.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	624.4 KB
ID:	125515   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_192852.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	742.3 KB
ID:	125517  

theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2019, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

So you had one machined? Is it not interchangeable with the A6 orifice?

It looks longer than the A6 orifice from what I remember.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

No, this is the original unit, another member had asked for measurements, I will order one for the d16a6, and also a b18. The d16a1 has been discontinued, and part numbers dont match zc for the a6

Old 01-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Ah ok. It does look different than the A6 orifice:

Would be awesome if they’re interchagable though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-27-2019, 05:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Looks like I wont be ordering an a6, or a b18 for that matter, it just might be a dohc d16 specific item.

At least the o rings haven't been discontinued
Old 01-27-2019, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Yeah, I bought a D16A6 orifice and the passage itself is quite different. The DOHC ZC, D16A1 has a much bigger opening and the D16A6 (I guess because it is installed in the cylinder head instead of the engine block?) has a smaller orifice.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Did you find another solution? Different engine? I was thinking non v tec f series hopefully
Old 01-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 2 Pete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

How did you remove this orifice ?

Thanks
Pete578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Pair of pliers once the head was off
Old 01-27-2019, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
Yeah, I bought a D16A6 orifice and the passage itself is quite different. The DOHC ZC, D16A1 has a much bigger opening and the D16A6 (I guess because it is installed in the cylinder head instead of the engine block?) has a smaller orifice.
The A6 orifice is also installed in the block. If I had to guess, I’d imagine the orifice passage is larger on the D16A1 and DOHC ZC due to the heads requiring more oil due to the additional cam.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete578 View Post

Thanks
I ran a self tapping screw into mine and pulled it out w pliers. Of course that doesn’t work well if you’re trying to re-use the orifice but on the A6 there’s really nothing to grab onto

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-27-2019, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete578 View Post

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in