power steering and timing cover help for dohc zc in rt4wd. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 05:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 shenrie will become famous soon enoughshenrie will become famous soon enoughshenrie will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default power steering and timing cover help for dohc zc in rt4wd.

planning on putting a dohc zc into our rt. with the help of mainly this site most my questions have been answered in this section, but i have a few issues i need to address that i cant seem to find info for. any help or redirects would be very much appreciated.

power steering. we need it. wife races this car with me and she has a hard time without it. it would also come in very handy when we have the snow tracks on. i can man handle it ok when tracks are on, but without ps, i dont think she would be able to drive it at all. that said, ive been looking for info on what brackets to use. it been brought up a lot but i have yet to find an answer. links where people have been sent for info are now dead.

timing covers & supporting gaskets. these were hacked to shit on the motor i ended up with. i have the upper cover and its likely reusable with some heat gun love, but the others are not original. ive located part numbers (thanks to this site) and searched around, but apparently these parts are discontinued. am i shit outta luck here? car gets used for rallyx and providing i get my ham radio license before sept 2018, the car could get used as one of the zero cars for the idaho rally. i cant bring myself to use the vehicle offroad with the dohc without timing covers. at speed rocks get everywhere, and i mean everywhere.

starting to wonder if using this motor would be a bad idea with the age and lack of parts availability. im not into it much and could go another route as a last resort, but i havent even driven a dohc zc and kinda want to get this swap under the belt and see what these motors are all about as ive heard and seen lots of good stuff about them.
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

I may have an upper cover for you. No other cover though. Also have some obd0 ecus for the dohc zc and a cam sensor the adaptor and a uncut UK harness.

Fun engine. Running one now. Easy to maintain. It's mostly the covers that are unique. The rest is a lot of d series stuff.

I may bite if you decide to go another direction. Honestly the we have had a d16a6, dohc zc, and b16a. When this zc goes. I'm headed back to the b16.

Happy holidays

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
jacksonww is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2017, 04:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 shenrie will become famous soon enoughshenrie will become famous soon enoughshenrie will become famous soon enough

^^^ after making this post I went to it with the covers I have with a heat gun. I was able to reshape the upper cover to where it sits like it should. So I'm should be good with that one, but definitely appreciate the offer. The other 2 however are seriously hacked up. If I'm not able to locate replacements I may bust out the plastic epoxy and start adding material. Owning numerous 4th gens I'm getting good at repairing pieces the crumble apart when they get old. It's been mostly in places not visible till now though, so visually it didn't matter. Got feelers out in numerous places for covers, so hopefully I can round some up.

B16's aren't bad. Have had a few. Hard to be happy with them after owning a built gsr and a few boosted cars. Choices are a bit more limited with the rt though. Not gonna give up the awd. While the gsr I had wasn't the faster of the cars we've built, the 10k redline and never having to leave first gear at most autoxs was a lotta fun. Something about that high rpm noise is addicting. Plus the awd gsr got a lot of attention. People took notice of the oxidized old wagon when it whooped'em, especially when it was my wife, lol.

Either way, I'll probably run this motor through the winter and see what it's all about. If I can't find a solution for keeping rocks and shit out I'll yank it and sell it. With the prices of motors these days, it shouldn't be hard to make back what I've got into it.
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in