D16a8 turbo build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking D16a8 turbo build

So I've got a 1988 crx hf with the edm dohc zc swapped in and wired to run obd1 computer. Stock bore stock pistons stock stock stock.... stage one port on the head. Pistons are out crank everything is ready to get sent off to machine shop. I have dam blue top 450cc injectors and fuel pump out 1g talon also out of same car I have the td04hd (blown) dump pipe and bov. I have the fender intercooler cooler out of car don't need the front mounted one. Liking to replace turbo for bigger one wanting 8-12 psi depending on what we decide on this thread. Looking to replace rods, pistons, valves, springs, cams, 90mm throttle body. I live in east wenatchee Washington. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Email or message me. I'll give you my number I'll send pics.
HondaRacer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

90mm throttle body??? Seriously that is more than you need by 25+mm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

See this is what I ask these things. Also what bearing brand should I go with for the bottom end? I haven't sent the parts off to machine shop yet.

I'm kinda repeating myself but

Looking for advice.

Building a d16a8 for boost. For those who don't know it is a edm dohc zc. Head has a stage one port. Looking for suggestions on what springs and valves to run. What brand bearings to run in the bottom end, what oil pump is best. What rod should I run? If I keep the stock pistons I will have a compression ratio of 9.5:1 what should I run for 8-10 psi? I have dsm bluetop 450cc injectors and fuel pump, bov, td04 turbo -(blown), fender mounted intercooler, all out of 1g talon.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 07-06-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

What brands have you been looking at?

Bearings are not really a big deal on brand as much as the clearance you will have with them. You may need a set to even figure out if they will work for your clearances.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Pm sent. I sent my number so I can send you pics of bearings. Also ACL is one that some one told me is good

Also 90mm throttle body would be if I got the race intake from skunk2

Last edited by slo_eg8; 07-06-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

acl is fine. king is also another good company.

WWW.GO-AUTOWORKS.COM Online Store. Your #1 Source For Sport Compact Performance

https://www.rcautoworks.com/

60mm throttle body is plenty.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 07-06-2017 at 02:19 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Ok I'll look around and keep that in mind. Block and tranny are in car about to be out and sent to be hot tanked then the machine shop after that.

What do I want to get 200-250whp?

Also with my pistons I'm at 9.5:1 I have the stock +7cc p29 pistons

Last edited by slo_eg8; 07-06-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

How do I post pics from my phone?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

You can use a photo sharing site or the links on this forum will let you directly but you have to click desktop mode for it to work I think (I don't use this site from a phone).

Quote:
Old 07-09-2017, 12:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Should I get a 1mm shorter H-beams if I run stock pistons to drop compression ratio? Or will I be ok for 10-12 max psi at 9.5:1
Old 07-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I'm running these:

https://www.raceeng.com/c-5891-d16a1...-rod-kits.aspx

They're a nice piece of kit. Because the pistons are designed for the a1, they'll lower the CR slightly (to around 9.0:1 IIRC) on the blacktop ZC/a8/a9, but with a shaved head my CR was around 9.3:1 with these installed.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d16, d16a8/9, dohc zc, edm zc, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in