new here, need some help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
1PhatCX

Default new here, need some help

ok, i'm new to the site, did a search, couldnt find what i need, where can i buy the vitara pistons on here? i'm gonna be doing a dohc zc turbo build, eagle rods, vitara pistons, my buddy has this and is running 28 psi daily which impressed me, so i need to know where to buy them

also, i need your input on this, swapped my dohc into my sedan last week, ran very strong for the first night, but later developed a rod knock, drove it the next day to work and back because it was a faint knock, by the time i got home, it hadnt changed, took it to my buddys to drop parts off, (10 - 15 min drive each way) and on the way home it shut off on me, started it up again and was knocking louder now,

i find it weird because when it was in my hatch, it ran great, had open 2.5 inch exhaust on it, then swapped it into my sedan after letting it sit for 4 months, but my sedan has full stock exhaust on it, so what do u guys think happened? spun bearing? i did find brass shavings in the oil pick up as well.

any help would be great, and sorry for the long post
thanx
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
bobmac

Time to yank it back out and rebuild!!! Sounds like you lost a bearing and the more you drive it the better your chances of making toast out of that engine!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

this is a stupid question... but do you have any oil pressure?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2005, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...7&page=1&pp=20

Yup, sounds like a spun bearing. I'd pickup another zc block if cheap or even a d16a1. I'm going to run the same setup although I haven't picked out the rods yet.

check out the pile, make offers!

Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

Should of changed the oil right after swapping. I do this every time and only use 20-50. What turbo and/or head work is your friend running? I was just at the stage of picking out what headwork would be necessary to run 20psi.

check out the pile, make offers!

Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in