From DOHC ZC to B20B - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2016, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default From DOHC ZC to B20B

Wow, it has been a minute or 2 since I have been here! Things have changed!
Looked around for my old posts, can't seem to locate them :/
Anyway, my old CRX has gone through some changes as well. The D16A8 that WAS in there, broke a rod, just blow the piston and ripped the block to an non-repairable state.
Since my Teg had been totaled, just had the B20B/LS trans sitting there :^) why not? Lots o work, time, cuss words, and beers later... it is now running on OBD0 and doing well. Ok, it has been for nearly 2 years now. Only now the smog is due, failed the initial test for NOX @ 2915 RPM (25 MPH 2nd gear). In need of dyno and 5 gas analizer to tune it in.... have Ostrich
Slo-Go CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Lol, is this a random build thread update thing?

A handful of the Hardcore D guys are/are going B20 lol. But I might take a short detour into the fancy Vtecs though...

Reliably at High RPM is my current concern w/ my B20...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You've seen my video's? Redline in my b20z all day, everyday. 50 mile round trips to work and lots of misc driving, mine just burns too much oil. Keeping it going till the C.O.P. project is completed, then going k24
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomY8 View Post
You've seen my video's? Redline in my b20z all day, everyday. 50 mile round trips to work and lots of misc driving, mine just burns too much oil. Keeping it going till the C.O.P. project is completed, then going k24
Nothing against the B20 in general. I personally love the motor.

I only drive mine the same way maybe even worse. I'm having issues due to aggressive cams and too low comp (needs 10+), but I just threw what I had already to make it on the track though.

Fuel pressure seems extremely high, and brake booster (before/during tuning) wasn't working under ~1.2k RPM; both which are due to shit vaccum at idle (still idles in column 6 @ 1.1k, ECU reads 2k+ though no bad sensors). Tune is perfect above 3k, because wideband is in-and-out after that since oil is getting in the cylinders and overheating the sensor. Aggressive acceleration I really start burning oil, but smooth acceleration and colder temps the wideband holds up... Burning maybe 1/4 qt every 500m, I just don't drive unless it's a trackday/fun run lol.

Regardless, the motor wants to rev to 8k, but with the intermediate problems, I'm getting swayed. For the same or a tad less money all into the B20 already, I could have had a CTR motor that would be refreshed and 100% romp ready.

If I figure out the weird oil issue, I'll get a proper dyno tune. But I'm not willing to open up the motor w/o building the bottom end to handle the higher RPM, probably 12CR at that rate too. And I'm not willing to put that much money into it until I am running out of steam at the track. So VTEC equals piece of mind to let me build my end goal B20. To make matters worse I was just offered a K-swap from a buddies car I was working on o.O

We'll just call this Mr.Fodo's build thread from now on. Haha.

It's also probably one of the worst forums to say this, but being different in a racing environment is just added stress for no reason. I originally planned the car to be a street/light HPDE machine. But plans changed and now it's CERTAINLY going into the full track mode. So much so, that it's actually pretty uncomfortable to drive now. Even the damn halo seat punches my glasses all the time now lmao. #BecauseRacecar...

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...

Last edited by Mr.Fodo; 12-29-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in