Noob Question? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
slow97ex

Default Noob Question?

Can a DOHC ZC head bolt on to any of the other d blocks? (d16y8, y7 etc...) If so, would it create significant power gains? I was just wondering...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

the D16A1 is the only one I know off. the d16a1 is 118 vs the zc which is 130-140hp. It boils down to the cams. I just threw them in my d16a1 and saved the time/work.

check out the pile, make offers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow97ex
Can a DOHC ZC head bolt on to any of the other d blocks? (d16y8, y7 etc...) If so, would it create significant power gains? I was just wondering...

nope!!! and u cant put a vtec head on the zc block<the b16 head is to big,and the a1 sucks ass.the real zc is way better.
DOHCef8si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

The only mods you need for a true ZC are the ECU (PM7) and the camshaft from a JDM ZC if you can find them, to make a D16A1 or 8/9 into a ZC.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2005, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

i think the zc has better pistons and rods.think the block is stonger too.and the tru zc has more aggravsie cams.man it aint wroth it for the trouble and headache i would just buy true DOHC zc and put it in.

Last edited by DOHCef8si; 10-23-2005 at 06:12 PM.
DOHCef8si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2005, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCef8si
nope!!! and u cant put a vtec head on the zc block<the b16 head is to big,and the a1 sucks ass.the real zc is way better.
He asked if a ZC HEAD could go on a d-series Block not the other way around.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: cleveland ohio, land of snow, salt, turbo deisel dualies, and lip-spoiler destroying potholes
Rep Power: 16 YakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to YakuzaKirby Send a message via MSN to YakuzaKirby Send a message via Yahoo to YakuzaKirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow97ex

well... i dont think people are understanding your question... but to answer it YES, a ZC head will bolt onto some other D blocks, people will tell you it cant be done, and that oil passages dont line up- but they line up well enough to flow enough oil- a friend of mine had a d15b7 block with a ZC head... and yes- it worked... not sure if he had any significant power gains or not- it was turbo'd... so im not sure what the gain would be N/A...

current car=
'87 Supra 5-speed Turbo Targa-
LIPP Boss series T04E-61mm, LIPP AFM housing, Lexus AFM, BIC DDP, 3.5" downpipe-back, K&N intake, HKS SSQV, GReddy Profec B boost controller, Apex'i AFC NEO, HKS 1.2mm mhg, wideband with AEM AFR gauge. Walboro 255lph pump, RC820cc injectors stock suspension. Block Bored .020 and decked by Webber Racing, Head milled .010 and 5-angle valve job by Webber Racing
ARP rod bolts, ARP headstuds... Clevite 77 bearings
483rwhp @22psi
putting it back together...

oh yeah. and i have a turbo del sol. almost forgot. lolz.

BTW. COD4. XBOX Live gamertag = AM6 Zero

I will newb-tube the fuck out of you. lol
YakuzaKirby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in