Bad Fuel System Parts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bad Fuel System Parts

Dohc ZC in my 89 Crx Hf body.

Hey Guys! Here again with some more questions.

So with the car not running, I had to do some diagnostics. I had already checked for spark, compression, and fuel(at least the fuel pump). Everything was good, and it still wouldn't start.

Last night, I pulled the injectors. They are SHOT. the FPR Is bad as well. I smelled the vacuum line for fuel, and guess what? A Shit ton of fumes and some fuel came out. Everything was oem without previous replacement.

So I guess the real question is this;
Where can I find some good injectors for a decent price? I'm not really trying to get a lot of power out of it right now. Just running right. So I shouldn't need to go any higher than 240cc MAX. I found these guys on ebay. They say they're oem.

5 Year Warranty Genuine Set of 4 Fuel Injectors for Honda Sq Connector | eBay

Also, should I get an oem fpr for 140 at an auto parts store, or just buy an adjustable aftermarket one for 50? I just don't know if it would be good enough to last. Or should I say FCK it and just find one at a junk yard?
I found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-1...ZW5MmM&vxp=mtr

Last edited by xXNosjetXx; 08-05-2016 at 08:57 AM.
xXNosjetXx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

What injectors are you running now and are you using a resistor box?

FPR's don't go bad that often so finding one a the yard wouldn't hurt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
What injectors are you running now and are you using a resistor box?

FPR's don't go bad that often so finding one a the yard wouldn't hurt.
I'm running a resister box. The injectors are peak and hold. Not saturated. And I was running on stock injectors. In fact, they were the original injectors.

Last edited by xXNosjetXx; 08-05-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

What's wrong with the injectors? Injectors aren't a wear item, and it would be extremely rare for you to have more than one failure, if any.

I would check each of the injectors for continuity and resistance, and if they check out, you might just need to have them serviced.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
What's wrong with the injectors? Injectors aren't a wear item, and it would be extremely rare for you to have more than one failure, if any.

I would check each of the injectors for continuity and resistance, and if they check out, you might just need to have them serviced.
I pulled them out, and they're gummed up pretty bad. All of the rubber is falling apart. O rings and such. The filters are dark. Plus, getting them serviced would be more expensive than the set I posted from ebay. At least from what I've seen so far.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

Servicing will be between $15-25/injector and you get a flow report with the results.

Buying injectors off eBay (unless they've been serviced), good luck?
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
Old 08-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Servicing will be between $15-25/injector and you get a flow report with the results.

Buying injectors off eBay (unless they've been serviced), good luck?
All four of the ones I found were refurb. But I don't mind. Haha. I would be paying for all four to be serviced with the old ones. So a lot cheaper just to buy some
Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNosjetXx View Post
All four of the ones I found were refurb. But I don't mind. Haha. I would be paying for all four to be serviced with the old ones. So a lot cheaper just to buy some
You know best!
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
Old 08-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
You know best!

Does that dignify a response? I guess so, since I'm writing it.

Last edited by xXNosjetXx; 08-05-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I'll point you to what he is trying to say...

Quote:
([email protected])
Generally unless the injectors are racing customizable units or many diesels injectors cannot be rebuilt or remanufactured.
some plastic housings can be reused with brand new internals but not the metal body style you have.
They are sealed when they are built and trying to get into the pintel, disc or coil will destroy the unit.

They can be cleaned, tested, new filters, pintel caps and o rings thats it.
The problem with many ebay $100 sets is these guys buy cores by the barrel. they have no idea where the units came from or how many miles are on them.
There may be 50 of the same type in the barrel. they dig sets out, clean them up and flog them.

There is no guarantee they were cleaned properly or the flow measurement they take are accurate.
Many of these guys just static flow them and find 8 (example) that flow the same and there they go.

Auto flow which closer duplicates the actual running of the engine is much more accurate but it also has a much higher discard rate. Too much trouble for many.
Maintaining the equipment is also important in obtaining accurate readings, old fluid that may have cleaning solution in it is inaccurate.

There is a lot to know and a lot of diligence involved to do them right.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Thanks Beer. That's some good copy/pasta!
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
Old 08-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
I'll point you to what he is trying to say...
By refurb, I meant service. they have new rubber. Thanks for all the info. I didn't know they couldn't be rebuilt. it will keep me away from sellers who say rebuilt...
Old 08-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

why donty you spend $10 and clean them yourself enough to verify if they really are the reason?

couple small pieces of hose, some wires, a spare injector harness plug, a resistor if necessary, and a can of carb cleaner.

barely tapping the wires onto a battery will activate the solenoid and let the cleaner flow.

plenty of videos online how to do it.

sending it in for a cleaning service is your best bet for getting them clean.

an OEM injector is far higher in quality than any ebay garbage

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
why donty you spend $10 and clean them yourself enough to verify if they really are the reason?

couple small pieces of hose, some wires, a spare injector harness plug, a resistor if necessary, and a can of carb cleaner.

barely tapping the wires onto a battery will activate the solenoid and let the cleaner flow.

plenty of videos online how to do it.

sending it in for a cleaning service is your best bet for getting them clean.

an OEM injector is far higher in quality than any ebay garbage
I Looked up a few videos on how to clean the injectors. it seems easy enough. Can I use a 9v battery? Or does it have to be a 12v source? And all of the rubber is old and cracked. I'm guessing I should buy a servicing kit with the o rings, filters, and boots(kind of boots?).

Last edited by xXNosjetXx; 08-06-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you are saying you found a few how to videos and asking me if a 9v or 12v battery is needed?

ebay has a seller that offers oem honda rubber orings for under $35. there are off brands for $15 that have been successful.

remember to lube the orings with petroleum jelly before install

Build what you have!

Old 08-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
you are saying you found a few how to videos and asking me if a 9v or 12v battery is needed?

ebay has a seller that offers oem honda rubber orings for under $35. there are off brands for $15 that have been successful.

I only watched like 3 videos. They were all using a car battery. thanks for the tip on the lube. I wouldn't have thought to do it.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

They sell this kit at o'reilly. It doesn't come with the screens.

BWD 274621 - Fuel Inj. Seal Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Is it okay to just run some cleaner through it? None of them are cracked or broken, just darker than normal.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

those kits only cover a SINGLE injector.

EDIT description is very vague. I would ask in person. perhaps they do cover 4, but generally they are per injector as they can cover multiple vehiclkes this way (example, v6 and I4 cars, instead of 2 part numbers)

buy online for money saving.

lubing the oring is forgotten by many. it is a very important step to ensure proper sealing, as going in dry they can bind up slightly and cause random fuel leaks

Build what you have!

Old 08-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
those kits only cover a SINGLE injector.

EDIT description is very vague. I would ask in person. perhaps they do cover 4, but generally they are per injector as they can cover multiple vehiclkes this way (example, v6 and I4 cars, instead of 2 part numbers)

buy online for money saving.

lubing the oring is forgotten by many. it is a very important step to ensure proper sealing, as going in dry they can bind up slightly and cause random fuel leaks
I'm gonna have to just go there and check it out. I could have been reading on another one that said a set for all four. Thanks man
Old 08-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Wow i've never heard of fuel coming out of the vacuum line on an OEM FPR...

I'd just get a wrecker one. There's a lot of similar but different OEM styles though so maybe take your one with you and check the angle on the fuel fitting and the bolt spacing to the fuel rail hole.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
crx hf, dohc zc, fpr, injectors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in