need a lot of help with a pre swapped zc into 93 civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
93norice

Default need a lot of help with a pre swapped zc into 93 civic

i just bought a 93 civic coupe with a 91 zc already swapped in...it has a little of a high idle(we've checked all the vaccums and nothing)and my cam angle sensor is not wired up(cant find a plug for it to go into) also the distributor is rigged on and there is a few other wires not hooked up to anything....the computer is from a 86-89 integra....i was wondering if anyone had a wiring schematic and could tell me exactly which distributor i need(that will bolt up correctly) this way i could get all the small bugs worked out of it
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
93norice

ok does anyone not have any answers
Old 10-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

damn dude sounds like your in a fucked up situation... try looking for a wiring diagram. or try and find some one on here that has done the swap. its a dohc zc right??

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
93norice

yea its the dohc
Old 10-24-2005, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Photonic_Si
Default How lucky you are..

I have been up and down this path 3 times. I put an 89 crx engine in my mates civic, one in mine, and then another.

Firtsly, your car is an EG. (i assume. you said it was 93) so your wiring is obd1. The Engine and ecu you have are obd0. You need to locate a pinout diagram for the obd0 ecu and one for the obd1 plugs on the cabin harness. Check that all of the wires have been spliced correctly.

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/...KurtsOBD0-OBD1

Check that all of these are correct. Please note, that its the opposite for you. so everywere it refers to an obd1 ecu, you need to remember that these references (in your case) are for the loom. And vice versa for the obd0 loom, you want to see it as an ecu.

Now remember, that its not as simple as just matching the colours up. the colours are completely different. so check carefully.
Now the distributors are COMPLETLEY different for an obd0 and obd1 car.
The DOHC engine in your car now, has the cam angle sensor on the end of the exhaust cam.On an obd1 car, it is integrated into the distributor housing. So, you need to locate the cam angle sensor wires, (they should be blu-grn and blu-yel, i think) and extend them to reach the cam angle sensor. Check all the other wires leading to the distibutor.

Now as for the idle, there is a small disc shaped vaccuum actuator that looks similar to a turbo wastegate actuator. it is a vaccuum idle controller. It is referred to as a 'dashpot' this connects to the butterfly by an acuator arm. it will open or shut depending on vaccuum conditions in the engine. Its like a mechanical anti stall device. if it is incorrectly plumbed, it can leave the butterfly open excessively. If it is hooked up incorrectly this will be causing your high idle. If it is broken, as it was in our case, it will idle high as well. I got rid of it, and installed an aluminium plate with slots to just set it at a certain point. stops the loping idle issues.

And are you telling me that the dizzy isnt meant to be on that motor>> next question is, wy the feck did you buy a dodged up honda.

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in