DOHC ZC TPS Calibration (proper way) ??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2016, 05:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ash
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DOHC ZC TPS Calibration (proper way) ???

Hi there,

i have recently removed the dashpot on my throttle body as it was causing idle fluctuation/surging. it idles great now but my tps can only be calibrated to 0.35 CT and 4.5 WOT. how do i close the gap to 0.48 CT and keep the 4.5v on WOT???
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

If that's all ya get that's all ya get.

More than likely the old ass wire harness has resistance, which is why you can't get the value any lower
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ash
n00b

Thanks Neubie so its a wire harness issue? will it run badly if i do CT .48 and WOT at 4.63v, will i have a better throttle response? has anyone tried that?
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

If it were my car, I would set the wot value at the 4.5.

You may have a slight idle issue, but im guessing it would be minimal. The iac might even be able to compensate for it.

Otherwise you could either
A. Build your own harness
B. Contact 2jzdreamin, he build harnesses and is a great guy to do business with.

I built my own, and let me tell you, the difference on how my zc ran, idled and performed was night and day

Last edited by theotherchris; 04-23-2016 at 05:33 AM.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano

Set the base correctly, around .5v, and ignore the top number as long as it is ballpark.

Having the closed TPS value set wrong can make a car nearly unstreetable, having the open number as far of as a whole volt doesnt even make a noticable difference IMO.

As far as the dashpot goes, you dont it to move your throttle at idle, but it should be touching. So bend the little forks until it isnt effecting your idle, but so that still opens slightly when engine braking. When it is correct you wont notice it, except that you wont have a burning wax smell when you snap the throttle shut under hard engine braking.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
how do i close the gap to 0.48 CT and keep the 4.5v on WOT???
Adjust the throttle stop screw until you achieve .48V. Of course this will open your TB slightly so you will need to adjust your idle by turning the idle air screw clockwise to bring the idle back down.

My website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by keel_hauled View Post
Adjust the throttle stop screw until you achieve .48V. Of course this will open your TB slightly so you will need to adjust your idle by turning the idle air screw clockwise to bring the idle back down.
Dont do that.... jeebus.... You clean and set the TB first, by closing the throttle plate as far as it will go without sticking via the set screw, then you adjust the TPS sensor to around .45-.5v when closed. Dont worry about the open voltage unless it is WAY out of whack, like over 5v or under 3.5v.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Uhh oops. Well it does work for me. Full disclosure I did have to lower my IACV compensation by about 25% after everything was set to keep it from surging but it does work. My target idle is at 900; it idles there. Tip in, cruising, WOT all function well and the throttle is crisp and responsive. Is there any particular reason I should go back and adjust everything according to what you said?

My website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2016, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I don't care what you personally do, if it works for you and your EMS go for it. Just don't tell noobs to open up their throttle stop to adjust their TPS, because that is likely to cause all kinds of idle and off idle issues with a stock ECU.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in