DOHC ZC Axles for 91 Civic Hatch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Rexsi90 is learning the way of the DRexsi90 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DOHC ZC Axles for 91 Civic Hatch

Hey Guys,

I did some searching last night and could not find a good how to on swapping the integra inner joints onto the passenger side Civic/CRX Si axles. Does anyone have a good write up? This is ultimately looking like it will be the determining factor for whether or not I will go the DOHC ZC route...

Thanks!

Brian
Rexsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Clip the strap, pull the joint, install the joint, zip tie the boot? Just make sure there isn't too much slop or you'll have to play around with the bearings. Maybe. It has been so long since I read about this (I just got a set of JDM axles with my ZC tranny . . . so I never had to figure stuff out. LOL)

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Rexsi90 is learning the way of the DRexsi90 is learning the way of the D

Yeah I have been looking around and cannot find a DOHC ZC with axles. Hmotorsonline sells them as extras and wants more money. With tranny and axles, the DOHC ZC costs around $1400 from hmotors.
Rexsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Good reason to put an MFactory Torsen LSD in there and run normal axles, maybe change up the FD and 5th gear as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2016, 02:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Good reason to put an MFactory Torsen LSD in there and run normal axles, maybe change up the FD and 5th gear as well.
lol bone at is finest but i want to run to short shaft now what?

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 lex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
lol bone at is finest but i want to run to short shaft now what?
Take one pair of "ZC" axles from shelf and install.
Little bit different in EU, where "ZC" are dime a dozen.
Also the reason why I'll install "ZC" diff in a S20 transmission as well.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Can't get them reasonably here in USA, plus if you break one, not going to 24 hr Autozone on Saturday night to get a replacement.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Building hybrid axles is super simple and instructions are in the Helms. If you don't have one, have an axle shop build them for you.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Take one pair of "ZC" axles from shelf and install.
Little bit different in EU, where "ZC" are dime a dozen.
Also the reason why I'll install "ZC" diff in a S20 transmission as well.
well then sir i will like to order two sets of axles please. i'm willing to buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Can't get them reasonably here in USA, plus if you break one, not going to 24 hr Autozone on Saturday night to get a replacement.
thats why you buy/make an extra set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Building hybrid axles is super simple and instructions are in the Helms. If you don't have one, have an axle shop build them for you.
but chris please enlighten us in what goes with what to make them.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

I'm answering the OP. Take both axles apart (preferably new axles) swap the inner cup over, use a new axle band. The best route to go is to just have Raxles or DSS build a set for you, so they are the correct length and customized (if you want) for your power and intended use.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Raxles IIRC no longer offers this service.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

If you send them a set of ZC axles, they MIGHT rebuild them, but, again, this takes time.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
-TJ
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 -TJ is learning the way of the D-TJ is learning the way of the D

FWIW, this past summer I had to change a right side axle in my '91 hatch (which has a ZC LSD transmission). I had assembled a hybrid ED axle + integra inner joint back in about 2001. The inner cup finally wore out, had tons of play and looked like it was on the verge of breaking. I ended up installing a *New* Napa right side DA axle. Be sure to pull the dust ring out of your knuckle or the Integra outer joint will bind on it. YMMV.
-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in