B-Series timing gears on DOHC ZC cams (Video) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2015, 03:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 masterl1nk is learning the way of the Dmasterl1nk is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default B-Series timing gears on DOHC ZC cams (Video)

Hello guys,

I bought a pair of Delta cam 272-2 (grinded from a virgin couple of OBD0 DOHC ZC cams) and a pair of VMS B-series cam gears,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbuacoamkU0

masterl1nk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Those look a little loose on the shaft but as long as they are not super loose and the tooth count/profile is the same it should work. If the tooth count is different it will be hilariously catastrophic.

A friend and I used to joke about making under driven cam gears and selling them on ebay back in the early 2000s when all the under drive pulleys were super popular.

What is the question?
Old 12-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 masterl1nk is learning the way of the Dmasterl1nk is learning the way of the D

Teeth count is the same on both D and B gears! No question, just showing this. Because is a widely spoken topic.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat

FYI - the camshaft timing marks on the B-series gears are not the same as the DOHC ZC PM7 gears
Old 12-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I used B-series cam gears on my Dohc ZC.

If memory serves me any justice you line up the left side mark of intake gear with the tooth above the right side mark of the exhaust gear. If that makes sense.....

Late for pool leagues or would google a picture for you.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlicrx View Post
FYI - the camshaft timing marks on the B-series gears are not the same as the DOHC ZC PM7 gears
Yes! I know, thank you!!
Old 12-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlicrx View Post
and he is right.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in