Hondata S300 on ZC CRX - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hondata S300 on ZC CRX

Hello, I'm planning to run Hondata s300 on my turbo DOHC ZC CRX. Has anyone done this process, or know of any write ups? I'm looking to do an obd0 to obd1 conversion, run hondata s300 and upgrade to Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors with a bigger fuel rail. I just am looking for some advice to make sure I'm going to get the right parts.

I need hondata s300 in a p28, obd1 jumper harness, obd1 distributor, ID injectors, and fuel rail correct? Are there any parts I'm missing?

Will an obd1 dizzy from any d series work?
Top hats for the ID injectors should be for a normal D series i assume?
And will an aftermarket fuel rail for a D series work, are those fuel rails pretty generic and maybe work from other series engines? I'm going to source what I can used, so if parts from other series engines fit that will open up my options. Thanks!!
Rsfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

not any d series distributor will work, you need the zc case, either obd0 or obd1. obd1 d series distributor internals will work, you need the shaft from the dohc zc distributor though.

check out my thread in the dohc zc section on swapping internals

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...internals.html

d series fuel rails work, i used one from a z6 on mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 40MPGd15b7; 12-13-2015 at 05:58 PM.
40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
not any d series distributor will work, you need the zc case, either obd0 or obd1. obd1 d series distributor internals will work, you need the shaft from the dohc zc distributor though.

check out my thread in the dohc zc section on swapping internals

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...internals.html

d series fuel rails work, i used one from a z6 on mine.
100% right i ran into the dizzy issue during my build, the DOHC ZC housing and spindle magnets are unique.

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

theft-repo-sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 03:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 naedeloc is learning the way of the Dnaedeloc is learning the way of the D

I'm just now finding this out. Bought a TD-03/TD-03U and need to swap over my insides. Fuel rail info would be great also hondata info. Ive been considering using a setup like this for a bit. Haven't had time to search for info.
naedeloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 03:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 naedeloc is learning the way of the Dnaedeloc is learning the way of the D

My bearinging seized on my old dizzy and just debating on do the whole change over
naedeloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

conversion harness suck get a new OBD1 rywire loom that will work with your OBD2 distributor

or make sure any wiring you do is with copper and soldered
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband

SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

If you aren't going to do silly large turbo stuff, just use Tuner Express and run it OBD0. Simpler, cheaper and really effing straight forward.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in