Carby to ZC wiring harness - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
michael_antoi

Default Carby to ZC wiring harness

I currently have a eg hatch dual carby setup and I was told that if I want to drop in a ZC engine it is possible to use my existing wiring harness, because (as I was told) even tho it's dual carby, it still has an ecu..

It's the Aussie 'breeze' model..

Is this tru, and if so can anyone point me in the right direction for doing this?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

you probably dont have a dual carb motor, but dual point fuel injection. You'll have to convert to MPFI for the ZC, but since it's obd-1, I am unsure of how to do it. Someone will chime in with the answer for you.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
michael_antoi

it's actually a dual carby - i'm from Oz, they're more common here

Old 10-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
chris m

No you will need to run a complete fuel injected harness from the engine bay all the way to the cab including fuse boxes. You also have to get new fuel lines has carb fuel lines are meant for 5-7 psi not 40+ psi fuel injection gives. You also have to install the fuel injected fuel pump. Unless you can find a complete donor car to take all the wiring from its a huge pain
Old 10-10-2005, 05:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
michael_antoi

well i have

zc engine, gearbox, ecu, wiring harness, mounts, axles,

fuel lines are pretty cheap..

all i need now is an efi fuel tank for an eg

am i missing something here?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

dont know why you dont stay with the carb set up ???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
michael_antoi

performance/aftermarket parts are a pain to source in australia

unless someone can say otherwise?

i havent the slightest clue about carbs also...
Old 10-10-2005, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_antoi
it's actually a dual carby - i'm from Oz, they're more common here
ah, sorry, my bad man....Check out the stickied CARB thread. You can source up some stuff from the fellas here. I'd rather have a carb setup than a FI setup.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
michael_antoi

yeh if only i could get parts for it...

shipping would be a bitch if i bought stuff in the states..

might have a look locally...

what sort of stuff would i be looking at?

weber carby's etc..?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

have a look at the carb thred as civic90ex said , you can do a lot with your set up,
most of it for free , trust me a carb too F/I swap is not worth the time/ money
make the most of what you have , from what i have been told in oz you get a lot of inports so have alook in the junk yard for some JDM stuff , like cams ect

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Black Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

get two mukini carbs..........

everything else (header, pistons,cams,valves,)
Basically everything else you would be able to to to the car to make it perform would be the absolute same......
Black Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2005, 12:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Photonic_Si

yeah. i want to go carbs but my car is efi and i feel it would be going backwards. bit in your case bud, get a set of webbers of somthing, get regrinds, a good header/ exhaust setup ect, go for broke. DOHC ZC's sound siiiik with carbies on them. and they go hard too.

Another option, is FCR flatslide motorcycle carbs, hibino's d1 ae86 levin has them on the side of a 100kw 4age. it would be cool to see them on a ZC. they claim 150ps w/ mods. pretty cool

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in