Two Injectors Not Firing. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Two Injectors Not Firing.

My friends car was running good and he had someone adjust his valves that didint know what they were doing and they got them so out of whack it wouldnt even really run. I have adjusted them and the car fired up but its only running on the outter two cylinders now. Pulled the plugs and they were jacked put a new set in and fired it back up. Still only running on the outer two... after running a while pulled the plugs again the outer two are black with one spot that actually looks good like a plug should and the inner two are still like brand new have never seen fuel/fire.

I have never worked on a ZC and never had any problems like this out of my z6 so I wanted to come ask people that may have had this happen before so I can know where to start looking... Thanks guys.
Got_Hatch? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Frist make sure the valce are adjust correctly. Not just what u think is right.

Then check for spark in all clyinders.
And take a screwdriver and put it on the injector and listen for it clicking while the car is running.
Also make sure all the injector clips are tight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Valve's have been adjusted three times with a feeler gauge so i know they are right. I'll check for spark and see if i can hear the injectors.
Got_Hatch? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Compression test.. Possibly damaged a valve.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

.DOHC ZC right. Are they saturated or peak and hold. I was always curious about that.?
Old 03-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubie View Post
Compression test.. Possibly damaged a valve.
Gotta agree with this quote. I have heard if ur not sure how to adjust valves especially honda better not to.Since it is an interference motor. Sounds to me like the guy who tinkered with em cinched em down tight. Bad scenario all the way around...Are the plugs fouled out or physically damaged.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

try and find a know good set of injectors and pop them in, if still nothing then do a leakdown
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 24TEN  is slowly gaining respect24TEN  is slowly gaining respect24TEN  is slowly gaining respect24TEN  is slowly gaining respect24TEN  is slowly gaining respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPorting View Post
try and find a know good set of injectors and pop them in, if still nothing then do a leakdown
You can also just swap them around and see if the dead cylinders follow or not.
24TEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

You can also pull them out and zap the terminals with a 9v battery. It should audibly "click", and if you have good eyes you will see the pintle on the tip move a hair (literally).

I find stuck injectors tend to get unstuck easiest if you pulse them at very low fuel pressure. For some reason it doesn't work at zero pressure. You'd have to prime the pump to get some pressure, disable the pump & ignition, then crank it til pressure reaches zero. They may magically open up. Make sure you first zip-tie them to the fuel rail, pull them out, and have them spray into a shop rag to prevent flooding your engine. In most cases physically pushing on the pintle does the same thing, but they can be bent & ruined by doing that.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in