LONG LIVE THE ZC!! mine died :( - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default LONG LIVE THE ZC!! mine died :(

ok, i bought a ZC from a guy for $100, said it was rebuildable. Well i got ripped, and now hes not returning my calls. SO, i need a new bottom end. The head is fine, the crank is fine, the shafts are fine. i need a new block, pistons, and rods. Anyone have a good place i can get one? I have a B18 sitting around id GLADLY trade for a ZC. it has 170,xxx miles and i pulled from a running automatic.

So, please any help with this would be GREATLY WONDERFULLY appreciated as my D16a6 is about to die on me and i need a new engine FAST and im on a shoestring budget for now.
91shavedsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Is the block so bad that you can't have it bored or sleaved?
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Who is this guy who sold it to you, I'd like to know, so I dont deal with him when it's time for my ZC purchase (purchase #2)

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2005, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

if you need a new block/pistons/rods, i'd go to the junk yard, and find urself a 1st gen integra with a d16a1 and take the whole motor and bolt the zc head onto the assembled block.

might be a good idea to rebuild the a1 block if u get it from a junk yard...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Black Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enough

This will only work if you make your own custom motor mounts........

The motor mounts on the d16a1 block are way different.........FYI

but a Civic ZC head will bolt right on...........
Black Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2005, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Black Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enough

BUt hell If you did that...................

Just swap the ZC cam's into the d16a1 head and you got yourself an easier to deal with ZC.........
all belts hoses and evrything else.......Just look up for a 88-89 Integra.......

Oh I almost forgot..........

only get a 88-89 integra Block......Because they have the same domed pistons as that your ZC has.......

If you get an 86-87 teg you'll get lower compression (flat...almost dished) pistons...which will hurting your performance...........

88-89 have a black top and clear light on the bumpers...Turn and FOG (2 total lights on each side but connected looking as though one.........

86-87 have one orange lense on each side........
Old 08-27-2005, 04:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_Rules
if you need a new block/pistons/rods, i'd go to the junk yard, and find urself a 1st gen integra with a d16a1 and take the whole motor and bolt the zc head onto the assembled block.

might be a good idea to rebuild the a1 block if u get it from a junk yard...
Not only are the mounts different but your tranny won't bolt up to that block.

What exactly is wrong with the one you have?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

well 1st off let me say thanks for hte help and 2ndly the motor i bought it from was a local guy. im hounding him for a refund but i know its not goint to happen.

Ok now to the good stuff...

i knwo quite a bit about ZCs as i have ready anything there is to read on them, tho im not an expert but i do know QUITE a bit. the 84-87 integra d16a1 WILL NOT fit. the 88+ will...

also the dish pistons are better for turbo, which is what the engine would receive about 2 months after rebuild. dish piston=lower compression= more boost allowed.
Also, the ZC head i currently have is built. i jsut finished building it up about a month or so ago. i just need a block and rods, pistons. I thought about having it sleeved but for the $600 price tag for it to MAYBE work at best.... i can get a whole new engine WITH tranny. anyway.. you guys know where i can get a complete bottom end?

The block i have is totally destroyed, its a boat anchor or a conversation peice take your pick. cylinder 4 has a gash in the wall about 2" deep.... multiple. The piston hydro locked, broke the rod jsut under the piston around 7500 rpm (no i wasnt driving) and well you can imagine waht that would do to heated aluminum.... not pretty. destroyed the girdle amd the oil pan sounded like a maracca and was filled with about 10 lbs of "BB's" (peices of hte girdle and the cylinder wall) This is why i need a new bottom end. i have the shafts, the cam gears, the head, (no rocker arms tho.... need those too. but the valves, springs, and retainers are there. and its shiney!!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 toxiclows is learning the way of the Dtoxiclows is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i have a good runing zc engine. . does the 1.8 run good. . . i would gladly trade you qa zc for the 1.8 if it runs good.

i am in west pa though. . .
toxiclows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

the 1.8 is in good physical condition but i would rebuild it. Im sure it WOULD run good, but id at least replace piston rings and the head gasket. sure ill gladly trade ya my 1.8 for your ZC, id includ e alittel cash to make the trade even and to offset your cost of having to buy the rings and whatever else. The b18a1 includes wiring harness, ecu(automatic) hell ill even include the auto tranny. its even still got the factory ac and stuff still on it. but anyway if you are seriously interested let me know. id rather have a turbo built ZC jsut for personal reasons. let me know!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikocivic
Not only are the mounts different but your tranny won't bolt up to that block.

What exactly is wrong with the one you have?
Yes it will.......................

If anything you just have to use the clutch/flywheel combo accordinglly.........

The Civic Zc is a d16a1....Just different mounts and different valve cover.....

Its all a PM7

all the same parts everything.....
Old 08-29-2005, 07:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

well anyone know where i can get a ZC for a good price? Im lookin for good RELIABLE places to buy from.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1tegZC

If anything you just have to use the clutch/flywheel combo accordinglly.........

Its all a PM7

Are the cams the only thing that change the power output. d16a1 is at 118 or so, and the civic ZC is at 129 or so.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

i dont know where you are getting your info on the a1 fitting into a 88-91 crx because it wont. the drivers side mount will not line up. also the tranny youll have to use the fly wheel and the clutch from the a1 and have fun making that work out. Over hte weekend i found a d16a1 and did a mock bolt up to a 90 shell i have sitting in a storage unit. and the engine bay from the 84-87 crx is different from the 88 and up.

The ZC cam shafts to add more power to the a1 id find some and use those. i have a set if youd like to purchase.

and no the zc is a d16a8 or d16a9 depending on if it has a cat or not(thats the EU engine code and is an exact match part for part). the a1 is the closest thing we have in america. the ZC head will bolt up to the a1 bottom-end but have fun makin the rest of the motor bolt in a 88-91 civic. This info was supplied by honda, hasport, hondata, and about 6 hours and 3 beers this past weekend.

Ive been researching my crx and what engines to swap for hte past 4-5 years, but like i said im no "expert" on honda engines at all. i jsut know from experience and what ive been told BY those experts and just passing it along with no BS or sugar coating.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

91Shavedsi:

I have a D16A1 that I will trade you. Where are you located? PM or email me.
Sepheroth86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2005, 02:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1tegZC

Its all a PM7

Show me just ONE 88-91 Civic or CRX with a D16a1 motor in it, just one!!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

TYHE D16A1 WILL NOT FIR INTO A 88-91 CRX PEOPLE!!!!! if you got yorus to fit congrats, but im not going through the headache of tryin to find parts and mounts for my car when an actual ZC will drop right in with MINOR MINOR modification.

ALL OFFERS FOR AN A1 WILL BE IGNORED!!!

thanks,
management.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikocivic
Show me just ONE 88-91 Civic or CRX with a D16a1 motor in it, just one!!!!

What he was saying is that all of the INTERNALS of a D16A1 will work in a DOHC ZC.
Sepheroth86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

to fit a A1 in a crx wouldnt you just have to put the mounts and mount brakets from the ZC on the A1?? just wondering if that would work???
builtD16a6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91shavedsi
TYHE D16A1 WILL NOT FIR INTO A 88-91 CRX PEOPLE!!!!! if you got yorus to fit congrats, but im not going through the headache of tryin to find parts and mounts for my car when an actual ZC will drop right in with MINOR MINOR modification.

ALL OFFERS FOR AN A1 WILL BE IGNORED!!!

thanks,
management.

i was just about to offer you an a1 block too..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in