DOHC ZC owners.... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Keepin it real since 1984

whitey_4g It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitey_4g Send a message via Yahoo to whitey_4g
Default DOHC ZC owners....

what do you think of your motor? was it worth it? where did you get it from? how much did you pay for it?

well, i've been playing with my Y7 for a while now and am pretty content with it, but i wanna build something for next season! i'm having problems finding Si trannys in good shape... plus i keep reading that they dont hold up to the hp and tq of a zc... what is my power doing to the poor thing! lol.
i'm thinking of ordering a full DOHC ZC swap for my crx, but i'm gonna build it... what pistons should i use? rods? and so on... i wanna build the block, 9:1 c, and do some head work... how are the factory springs and what have you?
my plans are to boost it about 15-20 psi....

i know im gonna need a new clutch and plywheel to use the tranny, but by the time i finish my build it will be time for a new one any ways!
my goal is 250-300 WHP and TQ levels close to that....
i'll be using an upgraded t-25.... a t-28, i know it's not huge, but i done want to give up my rad. or motor room... plus i'm gonna be using my tubeualr manifold still...
any info would be awesome...
do you have a turbo ZC? post a link.... let me know about your build, i'm down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

whitey_4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2005, 04:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Here's my abbreviated story. I bought my hatch for cheap. I was new to Hondas so I of course thought ENGINE SWAP! I searched around and found the ZC. I thought...meh....it's fairly cheap it's DOHC, and it's JDM y0! So I dropped the $550 for the engine and another $150 for an Si tranny. I've spent the last several months buying parts for my turbo build. As of right now my ZC is still in pieces and I hope to have it together soon...maybe not boosted yet but at least together.

With that said please keep the following in mind. I am cheap. That doesn't mean that I do stupid sh!t. But I do look for the cheapest possible deal. For example, I bought Scat H-beams over Eagles and if I had to do it over again I would have bought Tuner Toys H beams instead.

I guess from a monetary stand point if I had to do it over again I would have mini-me'd the D15 or picked up a D16A6 for cheap. I am not and do not expect to be let down by the ZC. It just bums me out that I jumped at the ZC before exploring ALL the other options...but then again I didn't know any better.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i love my zc. i have had it running and up to speed for about 6 months and it runs great. i bought the automatic engine and put a si 5 speed tranny on it. i have an I/H/E and a pg7 ecu. i dropped this in my 88 crx hf and its completly gutted.

i am very impressed with the engine. granted its harder to find parts and perfomance upgrades but well woth my 600 bucks.

as far as power, i was out fooling around with a good freind of mine and he has a mini me swap with some headwork and the bolt ons and i kept up with him and started to pull on him in third.

gran daddy d definitly gets a thumbs up from me.
crxmrdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2005, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Keepin it real since 1984

whitey_4g It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitey_4g Send a message via Yahoo to whitey_4g

well right now i have a Turbo D16y7, i thought about building my Y7, but i'm gonna need a new clutch and flywheel B4 long and the Si trannys are getting sooo hard to find... so i figured order a complete dohc zc andjust get a new clutch and flywheel, that way i wont have spent my money on another Si set-up just to change it....

do you think im better off spending the money to build a Y7 and then getting an Si tranny built? w/ LSD and what now?

Last edited by whitey_4g; 08-17-2005 at 05:29 AM.
whitey_4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2005, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i got my zc from a place in cali called go-motors.the einge was 500 somthing and i got his last pm7 ecu for 150 bucks.the motor came really really clean,so clean u dont get your hands drity working on it.he called me up bout 30 min aftewr i bought it saying all there jdm zc where shitty and he was sending me a better one.well when i got it i was like wtf is this,well i guess he sent me the euro zc from a 94 rover coupe gti 416<<i think.i have seen pics of them cars and they are nice looking cars.but the motor runs strong as hell i havnt had one prob. out of her yet.and best part is i can keep up with b16s and i can beat single cam vtecs all day all.the zc is in a fully gutted crx si 91 with 91 l3 5 speed tranny stock si clutch.intake exhust which is 2 1.4 all the way back to the tip.the tip is even 2 1.4 in size.no header im waiting to find that mugen race header from the cr-x pro.
DOHCef8si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in