Supercharger, can I? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Supercharger, can I?

Hey, so im lucky enough to get my hands on a jrsc, but not sure if im going to be able to run it.

I am already runing 11.8 compression pistons, now my question is, will the D16a1 block hold about 8psi on the jrsc with that compression?? Thanks
tueca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Who's tuning it? Ask that guy?

Power is made through cylinder pressure ... 200 whp will be from the same cylinder pressure whether you are running 50:1 CR and 1 psi or 1:1 and 50 psi. You are just coming at it different ways. D16s routinely hold 220+ whp, from what I've seen that's in the upper limits of the JRSC on a D. So I think you'll be fine.

I say run it.

But I'm sure there are other people on here with a bit more knowledge that will chime in and correct any erroneous (or maybe just slightly "off") statements I've made.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

if your scared switch headgasket then run it, or sleeve it and let her eat. either way i think your boderline to high compression, maybe not, but i would try a different more reliable approach
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Problem with the JRSC kits in general is heat. Other than water/meth injection there is no real way to remove the heat from the air charge. Has always been the limiting factor.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
Who's tuning it? Ask that guy?

Power is made through cylinder pressure ... 200 whp will be from the same cylinder pressure whether you are running 50:1 CR and 1 psi or 1:1 and 50 psi. You are just coming at it different ways. D16s routinely hold 220+ whp, from what I've seen that's in the upper limits of the JRSC on a D. So I think you'll be fine.

I say run it.

But I'm sure there are other people on here with a bit more knowledge that will chime in and correct any erroneous (or maybe just slightly "off") statements I've made.
no, it won't be. power is made from MEAN cylinder pressure or more correctly, BMEP (brake mean effective pressure) whether you hold on to a moderately high pressure or have a pressure spike that falls off, the means could be equal but obviously the lower peak but longer duration option is far easier on all of the parts.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 atheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagle

Short answer, yes if it was put together right and with correct tuning. Matt is running d16 internals in a y7. Flat face valves. He is in the 11+ range and has had the jackson on it for almost a year now with no problems. It would be best to run e85 but it's doable on 91/93, you just have to pull more timing.
atheworld0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Do you know if hes running on his stock block or he sleeved??
Old 10-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You'll never make enough power with a JRSC to need sleeves.

Did you find a DOHC ZC kit? Adapter plates are hard to come by and it's a tight fit if you do have one

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

i will be using a ZCspeed adaptor plate with the JRSC
Old 10-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheworld0 View Post
Short answer, yes if it was put together right and with correct tuning. Matt is running d16 internals in a y7. Flat face valves. He is in the 11+ range and has had the jackson on it for almost a year now with no problems. It would be best to run e85 but it's doable on 91/93, you just have to pull more timing.
I am matt lol mine is 12.5 but no supercharger. just felt like threadjacking

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Grifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respect

There is a user current running 11:1 with a jrsc atm

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ll-mr-psi.html
Grifty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the input guys...heres a peak of my supercharger,

Im still alittle worried on the block cracking with the 11.8 pistons and the supercharger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1414508042601.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	75602  
Old 10-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tueca View Post

Im still alittle worried on the block cracking with the 11.8 pistons and the supercharger
Id be more worried about detonation. Hope you have at least 93 octane and a spot on tune
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

You will crack that header way before the block

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tueca View Post

Id be more worried about detonation. Hope you have at least 93 octane and a spot on tune

We do have 93 pump gas here in Nyc, i might be about to fly by with a thicker gasket.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
You will crack that header way before the block
Yeap

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in