tigerjapanese distributor? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default tigerjapanese distributor?

Just have a quick couple of questions. I have a d16a1 and the td03u distributor needs to be replaced. Obviously I'd prefer an OEM one, but junkyards don't have it, forum for sale sections don't seem to have it, and a new one is worth more than my car.
So I found this one: TD03 Brand New Distributor Honda Civic 88-91 1st ZC DOHC - Distributor and I'm thinking about getting it, but considering it's an aftermarket one and this place seems to have a bad rep for engines, I'm not sure.
Plus, the description says it's also compatible with the d16a6. Is that true? I've done a lot of searching and from what I can figure, no distributors are interchangeable with this engine except obviously zc, d16a9, d16a3, and all the other engines that are basically the same as this.
If this one is not any good, then are there any aftermarket distributors you guys can recommend? Or if somebody has an OEM one they can sell me, that'll be even better! I don't have the required number of posts yet so I can't check the classifieds section yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Rich Porter is the way to go ever since distributor king left the business.

Rich Porter Replacement Distributor DK-TD03 - King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

That will fit my car? It says 88-91 CRX and civic, neither of those are compatible with the d16a1...

Old 09-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

It says it fits
Quote:
CRX (1988-1991) 1st Gen JDM ZC Engine
1988-1991 Honda Civic
Is that not right? Also says it is a TD03 and shows 3 pics.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

the A1 distributor does not contain the CYL sensor, it is driven off the exhaust cam. You may be able to make this work (re-pinning/rewiring the harness, etc.)?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 yabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Borat

3-sensor dizzy have crank sensor with different number of teeth, so if it is off d16a9 or another obd1 engine it will not work with obd0
yabloko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 04:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Ok so I found one here with the OE part number on the page of 30100-PM7-046 (original is a -056 but changes to a -046). This should be the proper one for that engine.

https://www.fcpimport.com/products/a...-30100-pm7-046

Quote:
Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Red-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagle
Default tigerjapanese distributor?

I second rich porter, I've been using one for over a year of daily driving, zero issues, just check the teeth that mate with the cam before hand.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Red-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagle

They're even on amazon
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1412177835.285247.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	73481
Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

The problem is apparently the td03 and td03u is different.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll most likely get the one from Amazon really soon unless I find a better deal on that richporter brand on another reputable site. Also comes with a lifetime warranty, sweet
Old 10-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

when I parted out my A6 head I sold the distributor to a guy with a A1. He said that it bolts right up and works...
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

I've never had a problem with tiger japan distributors, my current one has 4 years on it.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownsamcv View Post
when I parted out my A6 head I sold the distributor to a guy with a A1. He said that it bolts right up and works...
Really? Damn, I already bought the richporter one from Amazon. Oh well, everybody loves this one so I should be happy when it arrives this week. Using my truck as a DD right now and I can't wait to drive something with good MPGs again
Old 10-07-2014, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole

World power systems
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in