RM Cams on D16A9 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default RM Cams on D16A9

Hi guys! I've been searching and I was unable to find any specific information to give me any clear answer to my doubts...

So, there go the question.

I'm going to buy soon Rocket Motorsports camshaft and a kit with - HD Single Springs 45lbs on seat, Spring Seats, Polyacrylic (IN) and Viton Hi-Temp (EX) valve seals andModified Denso U-Groove Spark Plugs.

The camshaft specs he said to me are:

224/224 duration @0.050 with 11mm lift

Will be a lot of difference between these and OEM cams?? I'll buy adj. cam gears, take off 1mm from the head, port the OEM IM and I have an Apexi SAFC to tune the car. Maybe i'll buy exhaust manifold too.

Thanks!
Konstantinos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Stock cam specs

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...s-zc-dohc.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlicrx View Post
stock PM7 DOHC ZC camshafts:

Intake:
duration @ 0.050" lift = 213 degrees
gross lift = .406"
lobe separation = 110 degrees
lobe centerline = 105 degrees

Exhaust:
duration @ 0.050" lift = 217 degrees
gross lift = .406"
lobe separation = 110 degrees
lobe centerline = 115 degrees

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Thanks!

So... it will be no difference with 224/224 and 11mm lift??

Old 09-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

They are regrinds so they will perform better than stock. You need something better than an SAFC to tune it with.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...nsmission.html

You can order the cam package through Whoopee Doo Racing.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If you up your compression a little then those cams would really like it.

Read up on how to read cam specs and what those numbers mean, Rocket Motorsports should be able to provide you with numbers like I listed.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

https://www.facebook.com/Rocket4Life

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Ok! Thanks to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
They are regrinds so they will perform better than stock. You need something better than an SAFC to tune it with.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...nsmission.html

You can order the cam package through Whoopee Doo Racing.
Why isn't enough a SAFC to tune it?? I asked it to RM and said it should be enough :s

Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

You're raising the compression and changing the cams, the adjustment you need is beyond what the SAFC can do.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

I don't think the SAFC can tune by engine load, which a proper peice of tuning sofware would be able to do. It works apart from your ECU (tricks it) instead of working with it (teaching it what it's looking at). It also doesn't have the capacity to alter your ignition tables (IIRC) ... again something a proper tune will be able to accomplish. Your SAFC might "work" but to really get the full benefit from any modification your ECU needs to be tuned to accomodate the change.

Will it work ... yes.
Will you like it ... maybe.
Could you do better ... absolutely.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Ok thanks a lot to all! So the best option it's conversion to OBDI and Hondata s100 for example??? It's expensive and/or complicated to convert to OBDI??
Old 09-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Why do all the converting. Keep odb0 and tune with it.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2014, 02:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

But Hondata say in their website that the car must be OBDI. What options I have if i want to keep OBD0??

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2014, 03:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

I've been reading a little. And maybe a chipped PM6 ECU for xenocron and TurboEdit will be the solution???
Old 09-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Chip it yourself and tune it yourself with TurboEdit. Or find an electronics geek in your country and have him chip the ECU and solder in a 4 pin header for the datalogging.

There is no reason to convert to OBD1. It is silly expensive and for the money you would pay just to convert, you can buy everything you will need to tune the car.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 monster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

NG63 offer plenty function to get the dohc zc running well.
monster111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 01:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Ok thanks! I'm going to buy all stuff from Xenocron and tune with TurboEdit! With a PM6 chipped. I want to keep my PM7 OEM.

Thanks a lot to all
Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Xenocron's OBD0 base maps suck. They still use pre-NG60 bins, and they are terrible. Their chipping service is very good, though.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 frejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enough

When you have the head off, port the head as well.
Just some mild cleaning of the ports.

OBD0 will be good enough for this build. Learn how to tune. Basemaps are never true.

I would go bigger on cams though....
frejohg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in