DOHC ZC tranny question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
94egcivic

Default DOHC ZC tranny question

Ok so ive been looking for a tranny for my zc that is going in my 94 EG, I found a good deal on a D16y8 tranny will the tranny bolt onto a ZC and into my EG? I cant find OBD1 Z6 tranny I think the y8 tranny will fit, its just from a newer EX civic and OBD2 but im not sure if someone could confirm this so I can buy the tranny. Thanks for the help.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2005, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94egcivic
Ok so ive been looking for a tranny for my zc that is going in my 94 EG, I found a good deal on a D16y8 tranny will the tranny bolt onto a ZC and into my EG? I cant find OBD1 Z6 tranny I think the y8 tranny will fit, its just from a newer EX civic and OBD2 but im not sure if someone could confirm this so I can buy the tranny. Thanks for the help.
what year d series did it come from i think the zc will bolt up to all d series just depndes on how it mounts to the car itself,if i was u i would find obd1 zc tranny.im useing zc in my crx and i already blow up one l3 tranny im on my second now,i hear the single cam tranny cant handle the tq. of the zc
DOHCef8si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Blackbob

All D series motors and trannies are interchangable. There might be a small exception with the newer 1.7(I'm not sure). Other then that is does not matter. If you want a "perfect" D series tranny and you don't have a preference. Get the tranny your D16A1 came off of(85-89 integra) Take the 5th and final out of the civic/CRX si tranny and you will "ideally" have the perfect streetable,beatable tranny.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
94egcivic

Thanks guys I will be looking for the d16y8 or d16z6 tranny they both bolt into my EG. Did they even make Hydro zc trannies if so were would you get one? Do you need a half shaft like the older cable ones.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blackbob

Ask a pro tranny guy,I honestly don't know
Old 07-31-2005, 04:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

92-95 OBD-1 ZC tranny has the same gear ratios are 92-05 Civic Si HB/Del Sol Si, .750 5th gear.

Go with the Y8, but the ZC really needs the proper 3-4 gearsets.......yeah, I know, my three sets are not for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
92-95 OBD-1 ZC tranny has the same gear ratios are 92-05 Civic Si HB/Del Sol Si, .750 5th gear.

Go with the Y8, but the ZC really needs the proper 3-4 gearsets.......yeah, I know, my three sets are not for sale.
i got one for sale?u need one?
DOHCef8si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in