minor hessitation???? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default minor hessitation????

I'm haveing some issues with my zc that I'm having trouble figureing out...
I've replaced my distibutor, cam possition sensor, plugs, I have an external coil that I've also changed out with no change and also unhooked the msd sci box also with no change, the tps is reading the write voltage and I'm out of ideas... when I'm driving at about 3-4000 rpm it will have quick and repeated hestitation but if i floor it it runs fine...
Anyone else ever have this problem?
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
jdmism

Default this happened to me too.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volitech
I'm haveing some issues with my zc that I'm having trouble figureing out...
I've replaced my distibutor, cam possition sensor, plugs, I have an external coil that I've also changed out with no change and also unhooked the msd sci box also with no change, the tps is reading the write voltage and I'm out of ideas... when I'm driving at about 3-4000 rpm it will have quick and repeated hestitation but if i floor it it runs fine...
Anyone else ever have this problem?
this happened to me too, but it was @ 2600 rpms
no matter if it was freeway driving or whatever.......
ready for this??
the spark plug wires!!
ha ha ha
JDMism
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

You tested your resistance in your dizzy?

I would say plugs and wires.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
AuProductions

when your car is hesistant.. dont get tha most expensive thing first.. jajaja.. tha distributor alone can cost upto 300$...

juss a simple tuneup..
plugs+wires, pcv valve, injector cleaner, change oil+filter..
then try it..
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 Volitech is learning the way of the DVolitech is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuProductions
when your car is hesistant.. dont get tha most expensive thing first.. jajaja.. tha distributor alone can cost upto 300$...

juss a simple tuneup..
plugs+wires, pcv valve, injector cleaner, change oil+filter..
then try it..
I already have a new dizzy I had to get one cause their was red dust all over inside the cap witch I've been told is the sign of bad bearings the plugs are brand new zex plugs and it did the same thing with the ngk plugs and the wires are msd and only 4 months old... the pcv valve I didn't think off I'll pick one up tomorrow and see if it helps.... the injectors right now are stock injectors but I have some brand new venom injector that didn't fix it either...
Volitech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
94egcivic

I had this problem with my car for a while with my car, the distributor wires were getting pulled everytime I got on the gas, I had bad mounts make sure you secure your wiring from moving around. If it has something to do with your distributor casuing hesitatinon often your RPM gauge will fluctuate wildly. Your problem seems like something simple but easyly missed if you get no hesitation at WOT, that means your dont have cloged fuel lines and are getting a good enough spark. Dose it hesitate when you have in nuetrul and just rev it?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Black Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

ZC's are notorious for having dizzy problems...However that seem not the case since you allready replaced everything related to that..........

When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?.....
Or cleaned your throttle body?......

very well could be injectors........

Pop them out and get them cleaned..

In my opinion it sounds fuel related....

are your running 91......or better..... that could also be the problem...

Last edited by Black Mountain; 07-19-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Black Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
mesean13

Did you test your throttlebody sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in