Zc dohc sputter issue... Every thing new - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Zc dohc sputter issue... Every thing new

Hi everyone, I have a 91 civic with a zc dohc obd1 (not obd1 conversion but literally 93 civic wiring in it) I have the CEL wired to a light and switch.. Light is on solid both positions ECU IS GOOD. My problem is that at 5500-6000 rpm it's sputter and misses its ass off like it's not going anywhere when I let my foot of it for a second it regains it self for a few seconds and then continues sputtering/missfiring cam and spark timing are correct... I have chased it till blue in the face I need help...

EcU p28 chipped running p29 tuned map
Engine is new
Distributor is new
Throttle body is off a b series
Header
Cold air Intake

I run a 1/4 circle track run in 2nd gear and hit 7200 rpm

Thanks

Last edited by Circletrack10; 05-18-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Circletrack10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Your light should not be on solid..
How do u know your ecu is good?

Did u test it in somebody else's vehicle?

If your light is on what's the code?

What's the sub model of the car? U say u literally have an obd1 harness for the engine bay...was this to avoid a dpfi to mpfi conversion?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard

have you checked the codes of the cel?
the light should come on and off once you start the car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

medinabard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

The ecU is good it has been tested at a shop here in town and I have tried others in my car...

The conversion was to get away from obd0 and have more tuning capability with ecU as well as less problems with bad wires...

Anyways I turn the key in (KOEO) the light comes on and stays on when I start the car (KOER) the light comes on and stays on both koeo and koer have been performed with the switch on and off
Old 05-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I was thinking It might be ignition module or the igniter in the distributor... Does anyone have any tests for this? I am a mechanic so I have all the shit to fix this problem but with no data or anything on these cars it is hard to find any specs for zc dohc...
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

Since u used an obd1 harness jump the service connector and pull the code....
Old 05-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Lol how do you think I wired up the switch to pull codes? It's all the same as if I were to jump the service connector... I have both wires of the serivce connector runing to a switch then a light from mil from ecU on my dash... I can't pull codes the light is on solid
Old 05-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Exactly....your light is on solid meaning one or more of three things.
1. Your wiring is jacked
2. Your ecu is jacked
3. Some jack failed to remove checksum routine in your bin file.

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Default Head Fix

Do a compression test. Then, if possible do the chemical dye test or have the head checked. I was having the same issue and exhausted every option there was. Found out my head was warped!!! My temp guage always stayed in the middle, nor did my car ever run hot from my knowledge so it was a shock to me also.
D-SeriesDaddyLongStroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 03:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Hey guys im having a spittin and sputtering and super high idle issue with my third gen dohc zc. It only happens every other day which is weird..but when im at a stop itll ifle up to three grand or higher and stay there until i leave out of first gear then it boggs down and dies idk whats going on and then the spittin and sputtering issue is real bad but it only happens at like the first 5% throttle in every gear then when i gas it more it goes away and then all my speed picks up anyone know what exactly im dealing with?? Its all obd0 and ive replaced the dizzy and alternator and my spark plugs are fine.

Last edited by Bishop1219; 06-20-2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Left a part out
Bishop1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Start your own effing thread.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Wow i find a place to get answers to my problems and get this feedback guess this site is crap
Bishop1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1219 View Post
Wow i find a place to get answers to my problems and get this feedback guess this site is crap
The term for what you are doing is thread jacking. You are adding irrelevant info to the OP's thread.

Start your own thread after you search and check the easy stuff. This is the right forum, just the wrong thread.

Don't get all butt hurt when someone corrects you. Is that the same way you would react if a father, mother, teacher or any other knowledgable person corrected you? I hope not.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Start your own effing thread.
This is Beav being nice. We just dont condone thread jacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1219 View Post
No, this site is not crap. There is loads of knowledge on almost anything you can think of pertaining to D series engines.

@ the OP, aside from the solid MIL, what is the condition of your fuel pump or fuel filter? Also is your ignition system up to date?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Last edited by CaliLegal; 06-21-2014 at 01:58 PM.
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

If you start your own effing thread, you'll likely get a few answers that might be useful. Since you can't even do that, I doubt you can bother to RTFM, which has all the troubleshooting flow charts that will cover 95% of everything wrong with every Honda ever, even non-stock ones with some creative filtering.

So, basically, learn the rules of the road or get run over. Capisce?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in