Windows 8 and TurboEdit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 01:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Windows 8 and TurboEdit

I was wondering if anyone has tried using turbo Edit with Windows 8.
My old XP machine died and I now have a new Windows 8 PC.

Any direction here is welcomed...

Thx
Slo-Go CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Since u said any direction is welcomed u might wanna try posting in the right sub forum...that's where I'd start at least!
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Run a XP VM...

TE was a PITA to get working in 7 and I still can't pull a tune off ostrich with it. 8 is probably no different or worse than 7 is.

You could also try posting on PGMFI.org

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thx Neubie,
I realized that just after submitting the post...
Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

preludepatrick,
I had read that Win7 was that way with TE. Haven't seen anything recent on it though.
I will go to PGMFI and post there to see if anyone has anything more on the subject.
Meanwhile, I guess an attempt to resurect a 10 year old laptop....
Old 03-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

TE Works fine on 7...but you have to play around with ECUControl and ExtraTables to get them to load correctly without ActiveX errors.

I'm also unable to GET a tune from Ostrich within TE. I can send a tune just fine and use EmUtility to verify that the tune was loaded correctly...I can also pull the tune off Ostrich with it. For some reason though, I try to pull the tune from Ostrich after discounting from the emulator in TE and it says it's not a TurboEdit compatible ROM, even though EmUtility says it's fine.

Anyway, give it a shot, see how it goes. Run a XP VM if you have to

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-Go CRX View Post
Thx Neubie,
I realized that just after submitting the post...
I'm sorry...I just couldn't help myself!
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

fuck windows 8.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
fuck windows 8.
this.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Still rocking XP out of lazyness. I should keep this laptop to go on for ever for tuning with old software. Haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 03:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 adamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

my brother and I have used his new windows7 laptop to run turboedit. He did have to do SOMETHING though....like, code wise.... It was a while back though.

hey look, I'm not much help.,I'll see if he remembers
adamjabaay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 H22EG8 will become famous soon enoughH22EG8 will become famous soon enoughH22EG8 will become famous soon enough

I had to go thru this with win7... I did a fresh install and then documented my process on pgmfi... probably want to go through this. It might help:

pgmfi.org ? View topic - Starting from scratch TE install
#9 NASA Mid-Atlantic PTE CRX
2012 NASA Nationals PTE Podium
2012/2013 NASA Regional PTE Champion
H22EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

as preludepatrick said earlier.

just run a virtual machine of xp. do your best to keep the virtual machine off the internet as everyone should know about XPs demise lol.

download this software from here
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/fre...are_player/6_0

you then can install windows xp into that virtual machine. to install you will need a xp disc if you still have the one from your old pc that should work. if you dont have one you can download one online.
its not illegal to download the operating system its just the product key that you are paying for but you already have one on your old laptop that you can use.

if you need help finding a download for windows xp just pm me i can help. or if you need help setting up the virtual machine i can help with that as well.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all

even though I run windows 7 I love XP. I used a laptop with windows 8.1 and I didn't like it at all. it was like a wanna be tablet...
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

It is like a wannabe AOL interface from the late 90s. (No joke.) It was a horrific idea back then and to be featuring that today is just . . .

Ugh.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Before you go crazy setting up a VM, try using compatibility mode.

Compatibility Mode - Use in Windows 8
Ravnknght is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

i would try option 2 first

Ravnknght is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

I got TE to work with 7 but I can't pull ROMs from my ostrich. I can use EMutility to pull and verify the ROM though. Never had problems with XP

Need to find an older lenovo laptop with a COM port

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 04-13-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all

I'm sure you can find an older laptop real cheap. Hit up pawn shops and craiglist. You should look into what drivers are available for your laptop on manufacturer site. If 7 drivers are available just downgrade.
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

I am bumping this old thread because this is a top result when searching on google for windows 8 and turboedit.

I was able to get turboedit working natively on windows 8.1. I kept a log of my actions on pgmfi: pgmfi.org ? View topic - Installing TurboEdit On Windows 8
Davidss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in