DOHC ZC "HEADER" the proper one - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DOHC ZC "HEADER" the proper one

Does anybody know who makes a good port matched header for the dohc zc???
The ports are miss aligned by aprox 8mm.

The only ones I have found are obx ss style header and still not sure on if they are correct on the title or like all the others that say fit all d series engines sohc and dohc 88-00 with is B.S.

Any info would be awesome thanks

(eddcartes: ediited your post. if you read the rules you will know why. please take your time and read them.)

Last edited by eddcartes; 01-26-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Circletrack10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

You should delete your comment about the lower covers.. there is a fs/wtb forum but u need to meet the credentials first...

Zc aftermarket support is very limited.

I'm assuming your talking about the exhaust manifold?. All the sohc d headers bolt right up...and the 8mm difference is quiet an exaggeration. 20-30 minutes with a dremel and you'll be fine.

OEM manifolds are still floating around. But they are few and far between.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Yes but I don't want to grind away at a header... yes it will be fine I have done it before and built lots of d series engines. I have lots of Oem zc header style manifolds. But I was wanting one which needed no fabricating at all. 8mm is the exact off set of the zc sport header flange on the zc dohc ports.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

You can grind away at a DC header to port match, or you can use a stock DOHC ZC manifold/pipe which flow good for a factory header but just doesn't look pretty.

Or have someone custom make you one for $$$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

If you don't wanna cut it then coustom is the only way to go. Unless you go back stock headers
Hatchlowlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

SMSP

I had him make one for a customers engine. Ports lined up perfectly.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

If you donít mind buying used and up for some hunting, you can find used ZC headers from the Euro and JDM markets floating around sometimes. I managed to pick up one made by RS*R a little while ago.

As far as I know there are no current big volume sales header makers still building them, your best bet if you really donít want to port out a regular D16 header is to have one custom made, but I assume it will be expensive.
99 CRV RT4WD
86 BMW R80RT
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Did the zc dohc "euro" come with a stock steel tube header (not cast)... ?

If so where could I get one and does anyone have any pictures
Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 yabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Borat

as far as i know euro zc e.g. d16z5 have cast 4-1 header
d16a9 cast 4-2 + welded pipe 2-1 w/o place for OS
here's a pic
d16z6 with a cast 4-2 + 2-1 welded with a place for OS in 4-2 here it is
and the only full-welded OEM header - d16y8 one
yabloko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubie View Post
You should delete your comment about the lower covers.. there is a fs/wtb forum but u need to meet the credentials first...

Zc aftermarket support is very limited.

I'm assuming your talking about the exhaust manifold?. All the sohc d headers bolt right up...and the 8mm difference is quiet an exaggeration. 20-30 minutes with a dremel and you'll be fine.

OEM manifolds are still floating around. But they are few and far between.
Wait are you say SOHC D d series Exahust manifold will bolt to dual overhead ZC?....If so that is kind of a cool thought.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo Mini me View Post
Wait are you say SOHC D d series Exahust manifold will bolt to dual overhead ZC?....If so that is kind of a cool thought.
Bolts up fine but the ports are off and need a little TLC with a grinder/dremel.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

8mm? That's unpossible. AT MOST you should have about 2mm offset.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Nope it is 8mm... Anyways don't need people telling me it can't be or shouldn't be ... It is and I wanted to know what header will fit I have found one thanks guys
Old 01-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

Post some pics then please...this is the first that I've heard of such a difference
Old 01-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

There is a Real NICE OBX R ZC Header on Ebay like 200 bucks buy now
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circletrack10 View Post
Nope it is 8mm... Anyways don't need people telling me it can't be or shouldn't be ... It is and I wanted to know what header will fit I have found one thanks guys
How much overlap you have probably depends a lot on the header primary size.
Leyczo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circletrack10 View Post
I don't believe you. *shrugs*

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 leec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I don't understand why you are so adamant on having a header specifically designed for a ZC/d16a9/d16a8, when an SOHC with some very mild modification will do exactly the same job, with very little/no deduction in performance.

SOHC mainfolds are in abundance and on the most part are relatively cheap.

Any reason why you dont want to mod an SOHC manifold?
leec4391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

1# tech at the track I race at...
2# I'm picky
3# performance is a must
4# can't a guy just get a straight answer with out people questioning you're choices...

BTW --- Acid beaver I don't care what you think or what you believe.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

First 3 are all understandable valid points.

However #4...this is the first report of such a large offset that I've heard of ...pretty sure as well for a lot of other people...

So with that said...its gonna be pretty tough to get a straight answer... just post up a couple pics so.we can see what your talking about.

I personally have hogged out 3 different steel tube manifolds ( sohc) and the offset was not as dramatic as your talking about...ya the cast HF manifold required more finesse ...but still workable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in