jrsc dohc zc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default jrsc dohc zc

A friend of mine told me a few years ago that the good ZC engines were getting tough to find. Is this true? I already have JG head, cams, and cam gears. I also still have a block in need of a rebuild, and of course my jrsc. If I were to continue building this car, I would need an ecu that can be tuned properly. Is Zdyne still around? What do people use for these engines now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BlownZC2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

I have heard that DOHC zc's are getting harder to find in good condition as well.

It sounds like you already have one. If that's the case, I would rebuild it.

I'm not sure about zdyne, others might know.

You need to conduct some research regarding your tuning options. OBD0 and OBD1 utilize different tuning programs. You didn't state what chassis this would be going into.

Look into turboedit if you want to stay OBD0. Check out pgmfi.org. You would need a chipped ecu and wideband o2.

Acid Beaver has a document in his sig that will get you up and running w/ turboedit.

Enjoy the build
miteofthesun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

It's in a 91 ef hatch. It is still obd0. I'll check those out. Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

The DOHC ZC JRSC kit is easily the rarest of them all. If you have one, or you have an adapter plate, you can make it work. Zdyne, as a company, is gone . Turboedit is basically Zdyne on steroids with datalogging...and free.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah, I already have the jrsc. It's fun. I've run it on a stock engine with only header and exhaust for a while. I have another project car that I was going to sell to fund the rest of this build, but I'm second-guessing whether or not I should keep putting time and money into this. Oh, and my wife hates the civic and wants me to get rid of it.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle

Holy mother of god, awesome parts list. Sadly as is any thing with the Honda game you never get the true value of your parts

SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownZC2 View Post
Yeah, I already have the jrsc. It's fun. I've run it on a stock engine with only header and exhaust for a while. I have another project car that I was going to sell to fund the rest of this build, but I'm second-guessing whether or not I should keep putting time and money into this. Oh, and my wife hates the civic and wants me to get rid of it.
Jrsc? What's that! And my wife use to hate mine but now iv shown here all about that life she loves it!
Hatchlowlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCEj8 View Post
Holy mother of god, awesome parts list. Sadly as is any thing with the Honda game you never get the true value of your parts
Thanks. That's pretty much how most cars are though, right? My only exception is my 91 Camaro that I got for almost nothing. My collectible insurance is dirt cheap at only $10/mo so I can't really afford to let it go. lol

Old 01-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchlowlife View Post
Jrsc? What's that! And my wife use to hate mine but now iv shown here all about that life she loves it!
It's a hell of a lot of fun. That's what it is. And much better than filling nos bottles every week.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

pics of said JRSC lol. I havent seen one for a DOHC jc in a while
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
pics of said JRSC lol. I havent seen one for a DOHC jc in a while
I'm not home right now. I'll try to get one for you later.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
I'm not home right now. I'll try to get one for you later.
Awesome, thank you kind sir
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

It's under there somewhere

peek-a-boo

eeew! dirty!

and this is why it's parked...

Last edited by BlownZC2; 01-19-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
It's possible I misunderstood what you said.
JRSC = Jackson Racing Supercharger

Old 01-21-2014, 02:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

Wife hates civic. Civic hates wife. Keep the civic lol. Worst comes to worst you can sleep in a car.

I deffinetly say rebuild the ZC and put the charger on it.

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Blackrex is learning the way of the DBlackrex is learning the way of the D

Nice I just picked up a jrsc for my zc dohc.
Blackrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

90-91 pm6 ecu is one that you can chip/tune with for obd0 that is easy to find.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
A friend of mine told me a few years ago that the good ZC engines were getting tough to find. Is this true? I already have JG head, cams, and cam gears. I also still have a block in need of a rebuild, and of course my jrsc. If I were to continue building this car, I would need an ecu that can be tuned properly. Is Zdyne still around? What do people use for these engines now?
I have a JRSC DOHC ZC as well.

When I was doing my research, Zdyne was pretty much dead as far as support goes. If your doing your own tuning, Turbo Edit seems to be the one most people suggest. I know jack all about ECU tuning and setup, so I took mine to a tuner. I converted to OBD1 and got a Neptune setup. That’s what the tuner suggested, so far has worked out well.
99 CRV RT4WD
86 BMW R80RT
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
It's possible I misunderstood what you said.
JRSC = Jackson Racing Supercharger
Oh very nice! I would love one for my zc!
Hatchlowlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Oh very nice! I would love one for my zc!
I know a guy who knows a guy... I had fun with mine. And pissed off a few unsuspecting people.

Looks like I'm about done with this though. I'll be starting a new build in the spring.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in