i am about to burn my car to the ground - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default i am about to burn my car to the ground

allright, i have a 88 hf with a 89 dohc zc swap. i am only throwing a code 15-ignition output signal.
i have new plugs, plug wires, new dizzy, new coil and a new ignitor. i have also re-wired the white ignitor wire that goes from there to the ecu in pins B15 and B17. i have tryed 3 different ecus a edm pm7, pm6 and a pg7 and all throw the same code but the edm which naturally will throw the code 11 as well. i am getting fuel cause when i pull the plugs i can see that there is fuel and smell it in the cylenders. i am getting spark as well. my timing is right too.
those are the things i have fixed and nothing helped.
the problem is it will crank up and run for about 2-7min every once and a while then shut right off and throw the code. most of the other time it will just turn over but not crank at all.
now i was poking around and searching on other sites and what not and some people have said that the ignition kick-back system may be going out or the ignition switch?
where is the kick back system? and what is it so i can check it.

any help would be appreciated. this is the only thing keeping her from running and i am completly stumped.
crxmrdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
AuProductions

you should recheck your wiring.. cuz if theres gas.. plus spark.. then its a simple mistake you did..

i would say check your distributor too.. but you say its new...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5speed4life

sorry to kinda jack... but its much more satisfaction to beat the crap out of it, then abandon it on the side of the road.
5speed4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respect

allright last night i went and checked for spark and for some odd reason i am not getting any now. my plugs are soaked in fuel but no spark. so i have new plug but i may need new wires. what vehicle should i get these for? will the crx si ones work
Old 06-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
AuProductions

get it from an 89 integra d16a1.. but i doubt itll do anything..
recheck your igniter.. check your ecu fuse too, could be blown....
plus check your ground connections too.. my old g1 didnt start without having a lil wire connected to tha thermostat housing from tha chassis.. but who knows.. checkem out..

i had bought a "BRAND NEW" distributor from napa for bout 300$ for my g1.... and only lasted me 2 months.. so go figure.. distributors on those cars is basically like a tuneup.. and very expensive..
Old 06-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

allright, get this. last night i went out and pulled the #1 cylinder plug and wire to check for spark. i went to crank it up and she fired right up. after that i shut it off and put the plug and wire bag in and she fired right up again but did shut off throwing the code. weird....
Old 06-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

dont burn it
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
AuProductions

keep posted.. this is kinda interesting now.. jajaja
Old 06-07-2005, 04:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

i will keep you posted on what happens. but ithink i am going to replace the plugs and wires. the wires are the ones that came with the engine still. and the plugs, i dropped one and broke the little peice off that you gap.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
AuProductions

o damn.. that could be tha reason why.. its not respondin how it should..
they say if you gap too much.. your car could sound and act like its runnin on 3 cylinders... but you missin that whole piece.. jajajaja..
get sum cheapy plugs.. like autolites to see if it cures tha prob..
Old 06-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

i just broke it. they havent been broke. but i think i may have gapped them to much to start out with. anyone no what the plugs are supposed to be gapped on a dohc zc?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
AuProductions

NGKs go.. 1.0-1.1mm or .039-.043
Old 06-07-2005, 08:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

thanks, i will let you guys know how this turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in