Dohc zc boggy revving. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Dohc zc boggy revving.

Ok we'll to start off I been building this dohc zc for quite awhile now. It's fully rebuilt, not including the amazing dohc zc head . So I finally fixed my tps wiring as it was sputtering like crazy, and got the car to idle at a good 800-1000rpm on 1000cc injectors. And now realizing my engine when revving is kind of dead up until 1500 rpms. Once the turbo spools it up and keeps it alive. My tuner was asking me about the b series can gears and how it's one tooth off, and we checked the timing an it was on the dot. He saying it might be too retarded. How would I go about fixing this? Adjusting the cam gears more degrees advance or maybe shifting the dizzy. It's a td43u dizzy wit brand new ngk wires. Please help me. Wanna get this bad boy on some wheels this week. Thank you.
Rex-Mob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Get a degree wheel. Degree your cams. Make sure they are set to stock specs, first. "0" on most aftermarket cam gears is not usually exact. Yes, the B-series exhaust cam marks are off one tooth compared to the ZC, but from experience, one tooth off isn't just a little laggy. heh

Are your AFRs OK below 1500? Does the engine have enough timing there? The DOHC ZC has a very large combustion chamber, and as such, generally prefers more ignition advance than other D-series.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

We'll now that the tps is good it's revving at 1000 cold and 800 hot steady. My tuner set some fuel tables, and it was at 13.5 afr at idle. But still when I punch it to 2-3k rpms it Boggs from 1k-1250-1300 and then reacts super good. My cam gears are the Aem old school ones, ad their set a 0 deg. I might try to advance slightly and see if it reacts. Would I just do the exhaust side or both ex and in. If when I rev it to 1500 and hold it, and punch it it crazy responsive. But not from idle. It doesn't sputter. And not super laggy. But noticeable I wanna get it to be more sparky.

How you been Matt? Remember me?

Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks for the help with the advancing the exhaust cAm. Advanced 4 deg and super responsive! Went out and refilled on some e85 car loved it. Sensitive throttle. Here a short video of some 4k revs limit. Base mapped and ready to stroll 500 miles for the dyno!

Dohc Zc 4k Revs on e85 - YouTube
Old 11-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks once again beav- Matt! Appreciate it big time. Enjoy the 2 step.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Excellent. =)

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in