zc ecu info... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default zc ecu info...

I a 89 hatchback dx with a 3G dohc zc, it still has the stock ecu in it. I plan on getting a PM7 ecu for it..I still need to mod the harness for the mpfi or not? I imagine I would but if not id like to know before I take the time in doin it, and will the resistor box thats in it work or should I change that too? The guy that did the swap did a poor job. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Lilmanns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Is the car running with that DOHC ZC right now. As long as it already has the MPFI swap done and the right dizzy the stock ECU will work but an EDM PM7 would be perfect for that motor.

What ECU is running it now an PM6? PM6 and other mpfi ecus from integras will work too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Fix the crap wiring/swap first.

Don't spend the money on a PM7. Get a 90-91 PM6 or PR4 and have it chipped to run either stock EDM PM7 maps (I've seen ONE of these int he US, they are much rarer than the JDM ECUs) or a good basemap done by someone competent (me, for example).

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Yea im pretty sure it has the pm6, it starts kinda hard sometimes it turns over for like 6 seconds before ot starts sometimes ot starts right up and ot fluctuates when idling it idles high then drols lile its goin to shut off
Old 10-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

The engine only jad 90,000 miles when it was put in but it sat for a few years before. It burns oil pretty bad whats the first thing I should do, plan on changin all gaskets buy im kinda strapped on cash right now so im tryin to do the most important/necessary tthings first
Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 lex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Fix the crap wiring/swap first.

Don't spend the money on a PM7. Get a 90-91 PM6 or PR4 and have it chipped to run either stock EDM PM7 maps (I've seen ONE of these int he US, they are much rarer than the JDM ECUs) or a good basemap done by someone competent (me, for example).
Maybe I should send you a pile of theese "rare" ECUs?)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

No. I have the bin. I'm good. Lol!

It sounds like you have valve stem seal or oil control ring issues or both. The stem seals can be done easily workout taking the engine apart. The rings obviously cannot.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

So what could be the hard start and idle problem? Im kinda new to the honda scene by the way. Lol
Old 10-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

The same as any other car with hard start issues.

Look, I know you're new around here, but take my advice and stay the )(*#$ away from "the scene." Keep your head out of your backside.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get a Helm's reprint of the FSM (Factory Service manual), or if you are too much of a cheapskate, download a copy for your car. In it, there will be almost a hundred pages of troubleshooting flow charts, and guess what? ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES.

You're probably wondering WTF set me off, right? Well, I'm just tired and annoyed with "new to the scene" people not even having a clue about the basics of cars at all. *shrugs*

Whatevs.

Start with a tuneup:
Plugs
Wires
oil
oil filter
fuel filter
Air filter
Cap
Rotor
Check your IAT and ECT sensors' resistance against the chart in the FSM
Clean your grounds, replace them if they are old and crusty, which they likely are.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Damn dont have to get like that! Just askin for help, didnt know if it had somethin to do with the diff motor...maybe somethin wasnt changed/done right that I should check that a fsm wouldnt tell me, I did all of that but check the sensors. Thats why I was askin about tge ecu, I was told that was prolly the reason for all that but figured I would get better advice on here..
Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

That is the best advice you will likely get, and if you can't deal with a grumpy old man, well, that's just your loss.

It isn't your ECU from what you describe. I think I might know since I've messed with OBD0 pretty much exclusively for 9+ years and have rocked a ZC since 1999.

It could also be your injectors. Old injectors can be pretty bad for starting an engine. Rebuilt and cleaned injectors will always help and getting a set of new injectors and a tune will help even more.

*shrugs* I've given you clear, solid things to check, a resource to use for checking and some experiencedadvice. Your perception of "better" is sorely lacking.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Has new injectors in it, and tune up has all been done, ill check the sensors next, thanks for the advice.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Cheapest way to stop burning oil? Use thicker oil.

Next way? Drain all the oil so none can burn.

Now do you want to know the proper way to fix it? Find out where the oil is coming from and then replace the worn or defective part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rock on with your bad self, then.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in