DOHC ZC from nippon-motors. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 jwakefield9685 will become famous soon enoughjwakefield9685 will become famous soon enoughjwakefield9685 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DOHC ZC from nippon-motors.

Nippon motors out of CA has a dohc zc and transmission combo for 850 dollars. Im thinking of grabbing one for a turbo build using the go autoworks street kit. My question is has anyone had any experience with Nippon? Also turbo information on these motors are kind of hard to find. the zcr has ok information but the site seems to be dead.
jwakefield9685 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

The zcr could use some more support....but there is a plethora of great info there. What kinda of info are onlooking for?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 jwakefield9685 will become famous soon enoughjwakefield9685 will become famous soon enoughjwakefield9685 will become famous soon enough

the success rate that people have been having with them turboed, dyno information etc
jwakefield9685 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwakefield9685 View Post
the success rate that people have been having with them turboed, dyno information etc
The zc motors, with or without boost, rape. I want one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

from what I have read, the dohc zc responds extremely well to boost.

I remember reading a guy named lurker something 's thread on the zcr, he had a few zc's he built in his thread. the first one on stock internals at 16psi made 300whp on a dynojet. I don't remember what turbo or what setup he used though.

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 seandonn is learning the way of the Dseandonn is learning the way of the D

My DOHC ZC has been boosted for over a year. Ran stock internals up until a few months ago. Built the bottom end for peace of mind and of course more boost.
seandonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

My ZC was purchased from Nippon in 1999. I had no issues.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT! THAT IS OF VITAL IMPORTANCE!

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

I may know a little...

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
My ZC was purchased from Nippon in 1999. I had no issues.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT! THAT IS OF VITAL IMPORTANCE!
Or I can assist with that

I will not be putting ZC axles and shaft on the CRX when I install the Custom Geared tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

That is why I love the DOHC D so very very much. Such flat torque!

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

I think you should also check out Honda ZC dohc at bestjapaneseengines.com

They have their own head office in Osaka and their engine is complete with alternator, AC compressor etc.
jamesfickackerly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

I can't remember if it was on the zcr or here on d-series, but there was a dyno chart of a boosted dohc zc that made more tq than hp. They are a very impresive motor. And if you could ever find some mugen internals...official baller status.

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

HMO talk to Steve they are good with getting you a quality motor if the other place falls through
Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30022
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in