Aftermarket intake a9/z5/zc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 bregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Aftermarket intake a9/z5/zc

Guys,i'm stuck.
Tried the search but doesn't give me quite the info i'm looking for

I'd like to mount an aftermarket intake (f.e. victory x) but it isn't available for my engine (d16z5).
Now i've read about an adapterplate here,the only problem would be that the eacv hits the firewall.

suggestion...I've got about 4 oem z5 intakes laying around here.Would it be possible to use only the flange of one of those,buy me a sohc edelbrock,remove that flange and weld the intake on the z5 flange?
Can't find any info if the sohc intake holes are the same as the dohc holes,if it's an upgrade or downgrade or if the cooling hose(s) will fit.

Or are there other suggestions about what to do with the intake?

spec list that matter:
-d16z5 engine
-t3/t4 turbo
-2,25" piping
-oem size throttle body (don't know the size)
-precision 440cc injectors
-aem fuel rail
bregje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 lex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Borat

The OBD0 Z5 manifold is already better than most aftermarket sohc manifolds but you can use the zcspeed adapter plate to install sohc manifolds.

Another option is to buy OBD1 ZC intake manifold so you can use OBD1 Throttlebodies. If the manifold doesn't flow enough for you, you can always have it ported.

Are you far beyond 450 hp with current setup?)
Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 bregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respectbregje  is slowly gaining respect

Yes sir,that's true.But would that good oem quality only apply with an n/a engine,or is it also better than an aftermarket if you have f/i?

What would be the benefits of an obd1 throttlebody?Most dohc engines in the netherlands are obd0,an obd1 intake would cost a fortune over here...
Porting would also be an option,but would it give the same upgrade as an victory x/skunk?

I'm currently running at 10 psi,253,2whp. completely stock except for the acl bearings all around. The next engine wich is laying here in about 1600 pieces will be slightly modified to hit 15 to 17 psi. (upgrade pistons,rods,headstuds,valves,valvesprings and a new bearing kit)

Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

The stock DOHC JDM/EDM intake manifold is proven to make very good power to about 500WHP.

Victor X is far superior to nearly anything else for the D-series.

Skunk 2 is junk, IMO.

Blox is horrible until ported, and even then I don't care for it.

For VERY high HP builds, and nothing I would drive on the street, the Golden Eagle manifold is very excellent.

For your power levels, I would leave the stock intake manifold alone except for opening it up to accommodate a 58 or 60mm B16 OBD0 TB.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 lex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Performer X is far superior to nearly anything else for the D-series.

For your power levels, I would leave the stock intake manifold alone except for opening it up to accommodate a 58 or 60mm B16 OBD0 TB.
Let's save the Victor X for B-series.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

my plan was to use the a6 tb and port match it 60mm along with the mani.. and be done.. i dont think for my power levels is even necessary (arp,dohc zc, greddy kit)

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

One solution is to relocate the EACV with something like this.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Oops yeah. Performer X.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
The stock DOHC JDM/EDM intake manifold is proven to make very good power to about 500WHP.

Victor X is far superior to nearly anything else for the D-series.

Skunk 2 is junk, IMO.

Blox is horrible until ported, and even then I don't care for it.

For VERY high HP builds, and nothing I would drive on the street, the Golden Eagle manifold is very excellent.

Ok...so let's keep the intake and get me some b16 tb...
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bregje View Post
Ok...so let's keep the intake and get me some b16 tb...
I think you will find that a B-series throttle body will not bolt onto your intake manifold - different bolt patterns - bolt at lower left is in different location

this is the A8/A9/Z5/DOHC ZC manifold:

this is the JDM B16A manifold:

Last edited by jlicrx; 10-07-2013 at 08:24 AM.
jlicrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

It will if it is an OBD0 B16 TB. All OBD0 and All OBD1+ TBs will interchange, just not with each other.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Quote:
It will if it is an OBD0 B16 TB. All OBD0 and All OBD1+ TBs will interchange, just not with each other.
Beave, I also think that you are incorrect this time.
I have to check when I get home but IIRC all B-series (90+) TBs have the same bolt pattern regardless of OBD-version.
Only D-series OBD0 interchange with each other.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

How the heck did I put an OBD0 B-series TB on an A6 manifold, then?

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Quote:
Hacksaw and bondo?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
obd0 b series bolt up to the obd1 d series manifolds. I put a obd0 b series LS TB on my z6 intake for my rex. Are you sure you didn't swap your intake?

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Very unlikely.

*shrugs* seems like I'm wrong. Odd.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Small update. Got a good conversation with a friend of my about my plans. He's a fulltime welder and so the idea came to use a b18 intake on a sohc d-series intake flange. If this works we'll do the same with the dohc d-series flange. As you can see on te last pics there is still a lot of work to,but where is te fun without the problems?

Updates so far:

Keep ya'll updated!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 frejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enough

I cut mine open and ported it. It was quite an easy job and if your friend is a welder, there would be no problem of welding it back together.
frejohg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in