zc dohc distributor - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default zc dohc distributor

I know you are supposed to use an 89 teg distributor but does anybody know if using the crx so distributor will allow it to run correctly or if it throws it into limp mode?
BigBama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

If you get the timming spot on it should not have a problem the only issue will be bolting the dizzy cause they are diferent but can be made to fit. On what engine is it going to?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sk8bdr15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8bdr15 View Post
If you get the timming spot on it should not have a problem the only issue will be bolting the dizzy cause they are diferent but can be made to fit. On what engine is it going to?
I have an obd0 dohc zc and its in an 88 crx si. iI bought the complete harness (custom made) and the car runs but won't rev past 2500rpms. I myself the Honda dealer and 4 other shops have been messing with it for a month. We can't figure it out. We have a cell for a code 13 which is atmospheric pressure but we tried a sensor and ecu with no avail. And the wiring is checking good. I just wasn't sure if I put my si distributor on it or not. I was hoping that's my problem

Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

you are running it obd0.. what are you doing for the external cps?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

check map and tps wires.. grab a helms and look at the wires..

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
I bought the rywire adapter for $40. So assuming that the harness adapter does its job the distributor should work. But what I keep worrying about is the internal caps on the distributor messing with the external cps
Old 07-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
I bought the rywire adapter for $40. So assuming that the harness adapter does its job the distributor should work. But what I keep worrying about is the internal caps on the distributor messing with the external cps
Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

OK so I finally found out (well Honda did) that my bark sensor isn't sending a signal. I was happy to maybe get my cel off tomorrow when the sensor comes in however when I asked the Honda mechanic if he thinks the baro sensor caused the limp mode and he looked at me and said "I don't know but we will find out tomorrow"
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Bark sensor?

Baro shouldn't cause limp mode.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 bake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Bark sensor?

Baro shouldn't cause limp mode.

Agreed. I raced my 91 civic without a baro sensor for 5 yrs and never had an issue. I'd look at the distributor. atleast try a good known one if you know somebody who has one??
bake82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake82 View Post
Agreed. I raced my 91 civic without a baro sensor for 5 yrs and never had an issue. I'd look at the distributor. atleast try a good known one if you know somebody who has one??
I am on the same page as you. Bad thing is I don't know anyone that does so I'm saying the guessing game at 175 dollars. New parts for Hondas are ridiculously high
Old 07-13-2013, 04:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

No, they are not. Buy parts that don't include regular maintenence parts for most other brands and the prices are comparable or higher, as long as you are ordering online I

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

i am runnin a crx SI dizz on my obd1 Dohc swap all i did was swap out the cam cap( dizzy mounting one) with one off a LS motor that allows the bolt hole to line up for the SI dizzy but only only bolt hole will line up it has worked for me more years now no prob .
EGbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
No, they are not. Buy parts that don't include regular maintenence parts for most other brands and the prices are comparable or higher, as long as you are ordering online I
I'm a manager at AutoZone. A Chevy pick up truck iacv runs around $35-60. A crx iacv is 163.99. Map sensors on older chevys are around 60-80 whereas one for a crx is 284.99
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

How long is the list of things that can cause limp mode?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Okay . . . Cheap parts for junk American cars don't count. They are only that cheap because they fail all the time. I'll amend my statement to not include American cars and only Japanese and Euro-tard brands.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Okay . . . Cheap parts for junk American cars don't count. They are only that cheap because they fail all the time. I'll amend my statement to not include American cars and only Japanese and Euro-tard brands.
I'll accept the revised statement. Lol shit thing is everybody has lifetime warranties
Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

i have a lot of sensors kicking around oem honda but used i save them for reasons like this i have map and tps and iacv and a few good working dizzys all i will sell pm me
EGbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in