ZC Twin Carb SOHC Engine - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 TheSaint is learning the way of the DTheSaint is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb

ok so i have already posted some questions in the noob forum here:
https://www.d-series.org/forums/n00b-...ohc-motor.html

but now im wanting some help/advice/opinion on which way to go with this motor

Background:
the VIN plateing on the car had the engine listed as the factory engine released with that car in australia with all of the matching dates etc
another strange thing is that the car was a 'GL' but had all of the features and trim of a 'GLi'
(the 'GL' is a low end EG in australia with no power options ie mirrors and door locks are all manaul, very basic trim, only a cassette tape player with only small front speakers and had no tachometer)
the only mechanical problems with it is that it needs a new water pump and a tune-up
the gearbox is the same as the one on my D15b7 and does not have LSD
the original owner is doing a full tear down to chassis restoration and ground up build using an 0bd1 B16a2 from an australian Del Sol so i offered to take this engine off his hands for a carton of coronas and he accepted

the engine was pulled out of an Australian EG4 'Gl' Hatch
quick run down on what we have in Australia:
Low Trim
'91-93 EG3 'Breeze' D13b2 (hatch only)
'94-95 EG4 'Breeze' D15z2 (hatch only)
'91-93 EG4 'GL' D15b4 (hatch and sedan)
High Trim
'93-95 EG4/EG8 'GLi' D15b7 (hatch and sedan)
'93-95 EG8 'VEi' D15z1
'93-94 EG5/EH9 'VTi' D16y1-same as D16z6 (hatch and sedan)
'91-93 EG5/EH9 'Si' D16a8 (hatch and sedan)

Intentions:
my original plans were to use a D16y1/D16z6 head to convert it to vtec and find some nice twin/quad carbs to put on there and put it into a classy hotrod/ratrod kind of EG hatch build
but now im worried that if the engine is so rare i may be ruining it by converting to vtec

does anyone have any experience or thoughts on where to go from here with it?

im in no hurry and have a shed full of parts and other projects to work on - i want to do this right and not rush anything
thanks in advance

p.s. ill take some photos 2moro of the engine and post them up =)

Last edited by awebb; 05-06-2013 at 05:25 AM.
TheSaint is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

This is as polite add I can be right now:

WTF is this doing in the DOHC subforum?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 TheSaint is learning the way of the DTheSaint is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

well it did say 'ZC' and the only stamp on the engine is 'ZC' so maybe there should be some clarification there?

where would this belong? - engine building?
TheSaint is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slebidia

SOHC ZC is NOT a ZC. I don't care what the engine block says.

slebidia is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

A) Not DOHC ZC, wrong forum.
2) You already posted this in your other thread.
III) Locked. If you want to include this info in your other thread, copy/paste it into the original post.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in