ZC into 96 civic LX - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ZC into 96 civic LX

Hi everyone, my names John. Im new to the site but not new to hondas but i need some help here
My daily driver, a 96 civic lx (d16y7) was ran without oil and spun a bearing to say the least.
The best deal i could find was a ZC motor from a local engine shop.
After doing some research i havent found a swap like this
i hope i didnt waste my time with this motor, i can still bring it back at this point
But if anyone has a thread or some insight on what will make this work, is greatly appreciated.
This is my daily, and still has an Auto trans
96civik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

what generation of zc is it? if you do not know, check the dohc zc specs mods parts list thread in this subforum here.

for it to drop in to your 96, it will have to be the 4th gen zc as the 3rd gen mounts are different.

did the motor come with the distributor and wiring harness?

your auto trans will bolt up, but it will feel sluggish, i doubt you will find an auto ecu for it if it is obd1. chip an auto p06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Just checked the motor, the engine block says ZC
But it doesnt match any of the motors in the parts/mods thread because it the valve cover looks like a normal single cam cover

Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

came with no wire harness
and as far as speed im not worried

Edit: after research this is a single cam ZC
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section i am new to the d/zc series

Last edited by 96civik; 04-15-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

post a picture of it then so we can see.

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

photos are attached
This motor was off an automatic still has converter attached
intake mani had p6b on it i beleive
thank you very much for the help here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZC1.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	38554   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZC2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	568.9 KB
ID:	38562   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZC3.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	507.0 KB
ID:	38570   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc4.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	651.9 KB
ID:	38578  
Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

thats the weird motor not found here in the states..can you post pics of your engine harness from your car?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

this motor didnt come with a harness
My four door still has the original d16y7 never touched
Its a stock untouched wire harness
Old 04-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96civik View Post
this motor didnt come with a harness
My four door still has the original d16y7 never touched
Its a stock untouched wire harness
im trying to figure out if your stock engine harness will work with your new motor....need pics of it to know.....you have an odd ball motor....we dont have that motor in the u.s.a..

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

ok ill go out and take pics
any areas or plugs to focus on?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
ok ill go out and take pics
any areas or plugs to focus on?
dizzy plug and maybe the alt plug..

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
dizzy plug and maybe the alt plug..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zc11.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	537.9 KB
ID:	38618   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc22.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	571.4 KB
ID:	38626   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc33.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	38634   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc44.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	540.7 KB
ID:	38642  
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

you will need to swap out the dizzy on the zc motor or wire the zc dizzy to your engine harness....im not sure what dizzy will fit/work on the zc motor...

if the alt plug is different on the zc motor then your stock motor you can just swap the alt from the old motor to the zc motor...

if the zc motor doesnt have a crank sensor you will need to do the crank sensor trick to bypass it...

the only other thing as far as wiring goes is the o2 sensors...you should be able to use your old exhaust manifold on the zc motor and that will take care of that..

all other wiring should be plug and play..

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Perfect, thank you for your help.
This may be a preety cheap and easy alternative to other swaps.
As far as the Ecu though wil my stock one work with the zc?
And will mounts line up?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
nub
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 nub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to all

Quote:
As far as the Ecu though wil my stock one work with the zc? And will mounts line up?
You may want to swap over your stock injectors also. Your ecu wants 190cc and there's no telling what's on that motor, they could be 240's.

Reuse you stock mounts.

PatPrimmer
nub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
96 civic, auto transmission, zc swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in