88si prelude belt vs first gen teg. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan
Default 88si prelude belt vs first gen teg.

how close or how far is the timing off with the use of the first gen integra belt. does anyone know the tooth count for either belt.

im having this discussion with my friend who is sure that the dohc zc using the first gen integra belt is close .. and that my issues are not timing related... just something im mulling over in my head.

i do know the correct belt for the jdm dohc zc is the 88 prelude si belt.. im just wondering how much of a difference using the d16a1 belt makes..

I AM NOT TRYING TO USE THE FIRST GEN BELT> it is already on the car, and in my hand is the correct belt. the motor came this way... i didnt think to check what belt it came with. but now i know the errors of my way. it will be fixed correctly.. as soon as i get this damn pulley bolt loose.. (i am also not driving the car. )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

88 Prelude 2.0 Si timing belt (same as on the 88 and up DOHC ZC)
length = 118.11cm - width = 24mm - no. of teeth = 124

86-89 Integra D16A1 timing belt
length = 122.89cm - width = 24mm - no. of teeth =129

DOHC ZC camshaft gears have 34 teeth and the timing belt gear on the crankshaft has 17 teeth

86-89 Integra D16A1 camshaft gears have 40 teeth and the timing belt gear on the crankshaft has 20 teeth

you cannot mix and match any of these items
Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!

upon further inspection, the part number for the belt checks out as a napa 88 prelude si belt. 250142 i think is the number. so the belt is correct.. now i was told that the timing is close, but 1/2 tooth on the crank side due to the belt. now the belt is super tight.. and i havent visually checked timing my self.. as i have no timing covers ( i have them but i can not get the pulley bolt off) so that means ignition isnt set.. nor is the timing verifiable.

short story. dohc zc swap. obd-0 basemap by acidbeave.
pm6 socketed and chipped.

problems.. runs like a dog under 5k rpm. no balls in the lower rpm range. .. also has a strange idle issue off throttle sometimes.. and almost seems like a tps issue.. lots of bogging when getting back in the throttle at low rpm. a sort of shudder.

now there is no codes.. and wasnt ever any codes after the swap. it just does not perform like i think it should. motor idles fine at start up, and runs ok through the rpm range.. .. any insight or help.. would be appreciated..

my first step is to check timing to see how bad it is.. i will report back with more info when i can. thanks guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gone but never forgotten

Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

*added info*
when i got the chipped ecu, the chip was floating around.. bouncing about in the ecu case, i have had some problems with the zif. socket and have since removed the zif and inserted the chip directly in the board. that has cleared up some of the problems with the strange revlimits in the gears.. now all but first gear revs out... at 5.5k in first there is a spark cut.. or rev limit.. that shouldnt be there..

is there reason to believe something has gonna awry with the ecu. with no cel. or other problems.. (this basemap runs on another members car just fine).

gone but never forgotten
Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

update again.. switched ecu for a pr4. runs about the same.. lil better.. but still dog ass in the bottom then really comes alive around 5k.. my bets on the timing being off more than the quoted 1/2 tooth..

stay tuned fellas.. imma get it. =)

gone but never forgotten
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

update.. fixed the timing, *or so i think* still kinda gutless in the low rpm. dual cam zc motors are new to me,, i know they carry their tq higher in the powerband. .. seems i have a dead spot in the tps. but ill know more tmw.. it runs ok.. but i think it should feel faster than my 4dr b7 eg...

gone but never forgotten
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

has the head/block been milled at all? that would cause the mechanical timing of cams to be off. if so i would suggest b series adj. cam gears.

ya, it shouldnt be that sluggish in the lower end. how bad is the tps?

thats really wierd about your rev limits

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 staticchmbr is learning the way of the Dstaticchmbr is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

as noted above, you can not mix and match the zc/d16a1 stuff, but you CAN use the 89 integra cam gears, crank gear, and belt as an alternative

i know this works, because i did the opposite.. on my d16a1, i have the prelude belt, zc cam gears, and the zc crank gear
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in