Fresh swap, no start - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Fresh swap, no start

My car is a 1990 STD hatch that had a dpfi d15b1 And I swapped in a 3rd gen ZC with a 1991 pm6 ecu.

So the car turns over but does not start.
My cps wires were frayed off so I soldered them back together.

It has 3 codes on the ecu.
10 quick blinks-pause-4 quick blinks-pause-8 quick blinks...Repeat.

It was even blinking when my key was out of the ignition.

I looked up the codes.

4: CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

8: TDC Sensor (Top Dead Center)

10: IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)

I swapped the IAT and EACV plugs just to see if I had them in the wrong spot.

There were no codes and the motor started kicking like it wanted to start but no go.

Swapped the plugs back to where they go and only 2 codes came back 4 and 10. But the motor still kicks like it wants to start.

I have checked my plugs and they don't seem wet so I'm going to go over my injector wiring ans see if any came loose or I made a wrong turn somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<---- Soon to be Boosted

Last edited by 95hatchkid; 03-14-2013 at 02:14 PM.
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

What Chevy or Ford are we working on

Come on give some specifics like

92 civic dx
Had stock motor swapped in z6
Using this ecu

We can't help unless we know what we are looking at
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

Sorry, I'll add it to the OP.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie

Are you getting spark???

Spark Fuel and Compression need all three to run

Verify you have spark and fuel first
Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 SteelCityZC will become famous soon enoughSteelCityZC will become famous soon enoughSteelCityZC will become famous soon enough

If he is getting a ckp code then I bet he isn't getting spark because the cam and crank sensors act together to know where the engine is

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
3rd-d16a6 block with z6 head
SteelCityZC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

You shouldn't have anything blinking with the key out. You have extreme wiring issues. Fix them.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMotorDPower View Post
Are you getting spark???

Spark Fuel and Compression need all three to run

Verify you have spark and fuel first
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityZC View Post
If he is getting a ckp code then I bet he isn't getting spark because the cam and crank sensors act together to know where the engine is

Yes I am getting spark, and I belive fuel too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
You shouldn't have anything blinking with the key out. You have extreme wiring issues. Fix them.
The blinking stopped but yes, the harness is going to come out and get re-done. I can't find a link to the DIY I used. Do you have a link to one that you recommend?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 SteelCityZC will become famous soon enoughSteelCityZC will become famous soon enoughSteelCityZC will become famous soon enough

If you are getting fuel and spark then a harness isn't your problem, if you have both fuel and spark check compression, you only need 4 things for a engine to run, fuel, spark, air, and a way to compress it

3rd-d16a6 block with z6 head
SteelCityZC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Compression when I bought the motor car 190+/- across all 4. I am wondering if my IAT is causing it not to start or if my timing is off.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Did you put a new timing belt on ??

Did you hear the motor run ?

If so are you using all the parts that came with it or did you swap dizzys ?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

The car hadn't run in 5 years when I bought it. I just swap everything over. The belt has no cracks or frays in it

Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Spray a little bit of starer fluid into the intake manifold and see if it will fire up

If it does go over all your injector wiring

If that does not work pull the spark plugs out and put your hands over 1 and 3 and have someone turn the crank over by hand and then do 2 and 4

You should feel it pushing air then pulling air this will verify you have some compression

Also hook a plug up to a wire when you turn the motor over make sure it's sparking

If your getting all that check timing next
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

check timing isnt 180 off and fireing order and use testlight on injector plugs and injector wiring order

simple stuff first
efd15b187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

I put a bit of gas in each cylinder but it wouldn't fire, it wanted to but just wouldn't.

I just went outside and looked at the timing marks on the cams and they are off by quite a bit, and the belt has a bit of play in it.

Edit: After doing some more reading There is no way in hell the car will start with the timing the way it is. So I guess I'm off to the parts store to order a timing belt.

Last edited by 95hatchkid; 03-15-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

well that blows
efd15b187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95hatchkid View Post
Compression when I bought the motor car 190+/- across all 4. I am wondering if my IAT is causing it not to start or if my timing is off.

NO><
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in