P29 ecu problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default P29 ecu problem

Hello,

I got a Del SOL W/ ZC engine and P29 ECU. I've triyed to get an OBD but my CEL remain ON in these cases :

CASE 1.

with key at position OFF
I plug a wire jumper on the 2 pin plug, I don't put jumper on the 3 pin plug
I turn the key into position ON II
CEL STAY ON

CASE 2.

with key at position ON II
same jumper on same plug
CEL STAY ON

CASE 3.

with car runing
same jumper on same plug
CEL STAY ON

How can I get a good diagnostic with good error code ? Or is my ECU DEAD ? THanks for your help.
djkina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Get a paper clip or something bigger than a wire to shove in there to make sure its making a good contact. It will stay solid if you don't have a good contact.

Check the ecu fuse under your hood and make sure its there and not blown.
uxaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

hello, the 15 amp ECU fuse is new, I've triyed with something bigger than a wire but no results... any help ??

Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

there are multipule ecu FUSES. id abt the obd1 but EFs have a main fuse and a backup memory fuse(hazard). if the hazard fuse fuse blows the cel will always be on.
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

sounds like your issue is not making a good connection. I personally despise the paper clip and would opt for a wire...or..put a little more effort and clip the connector off and install a toggle switch.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've checked all of my fuse, under the hood, under the dashboard, and they are good. I don't want to unclip the connectors. Is there another way I can make a good connection ? Thank you
Old 12-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

a length or wire with fork style terminals crimped on each end..and clip one side of the forks off on each end
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubie View Post
sounds like your issue is not making a good connection. I personally despise the paper clip and would opt for a wire...or..put a little more effort and clip the connector off and install a toggle switch.
It sounds like you and paper clips don't get along very well, did one kill your younger brother? That's the only thing i can think of for why you'd "despise" a paper clip for a simple code check.

Not everyone has check engine lights on every week, there's no need to hack up the harness and install a toggle switch. Cd player/lighter fuse blows? Well wire up a toggle switch to the battery and call it good. Brake lights don't turn on when you press on them? Well wire up a toggle switch.

Back to the topic.
If your fuses are good, and you're sure the contact is good with your wire "or paper clip", ask a buddy to use their ecu to verify yours is in good working order. Or take yours to a friends car and see if it does the same thing as it does in your car.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

IF i chip my ECU with an ebay chip ( modified for speed limiter and rev limiter ) Will it vêt my ecu in à good working order ?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxaxi View Post
Not everyone has check engine lights on every week, there's no need to hack up the harness and install a toggle switch. Cd player/lighter fuse blows? Well wire up a toggle switch to the battery and call it good. Brake lights don't turn on when you press on them? Well wire up a toggle switch.
dear god...thats gotta be some of the most assinine shit ive ever heard......
every one knows your sposed to sheet rock screw a door bell button to the brake pedal...

+1 on borrowing a buddys ecu tho
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkina View Post
IF i chip my ECU with an ebay chip ( modified for speed limiter and rev limiter ) Will it vêt my ecu in à good working order ?
I'd try to stay away from the generic "mugen" "skunk2" "jdm" chips off ebay. If you do want a basemap with certain things changed like the rev limiter, get ahold of Xenocron Tuning: Fuel Management and DIY Tuning Resource Center for Honda and Acura Performance - Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata. He's been a member of this site for awhile now and i've never had a problem with chipping kit/basemap/wideband kit i've bought from him in the past.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hello, how can I test the good working condition off my ECU without changing it ? Thank you
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i thought that if there were no codes the check engine light would come on solid, just as described in the first post....
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

can dead front shocks cause car rumbling when changing gears ?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

highly un likely....so is the check engine light on when the vehicle is running? and what are the symptoms anyway?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

yes the cel remain on when the car is runing. When I change the gears my car rumble a lot, the clutch is new oil filter, engine mount, front suspension bushing too. what i'm about to check is injectors, fuel pump or head gasket, valve cover leak. for the injector and fuel pump I want to check them by OBD. but there are my issues... so thank you all
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

anyone help me to get an OBD ?? CEL still on
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

wire up the toggle switch already .....there's a difference between hacking up a harness and doing a quality install with solder and heat shrink tubing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in