zc axels for 93 ej1 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default zc axels for 93 ej1

can anyone tell me what axels i need for this zc trans to work with my 93 civic ex "ej1" im stuck ughhhhh lol
ej1orbust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat

if you have a ZC transmission, you need the ZC intermediate shaft and Integra axles - passenger side axle is 90 and up Integra - driver's side axle depends on which intermediate shaft you have - if the intermediate shaft has a female outer end, you need 90-93 Integra axle - if the intermediate shaft has a male outer end, you need 94 and up Integra axle
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

but i cant use the intermidiater shaft cuz im still using my d15b not the zc motor. im only using the trans

Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

yes you can, just gotta drill/tap the mounting holes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 monster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

u need the zc intermediate shaft and u can use b16a eg9 left and right outer driveshaft. you need driver side zc inner cv joint housing.
monster111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

can someone post a pic of what i need to get exactly
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej1orbust View Post
but i cant use the intermidiater shaft cuz im still using my d15b not the zc motor. im only using the trans
Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86 View Post
yes you can, just gotta drill/tap the mounting holes.
1.5 needs special bracket to be able to use the shaft. The mounting holes do not line up on 1.5 motors.

ZC intermediate shaft with non IS block - Honda-Tech

Hush Performance — Hush Performance ZC IS adapter

OPTION 2:

Forget the intermediate shaft and use b-series inners with your stock axles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

okay which b series inners do i need cuz i got 90 integra ones and i put the inner on the driver side and it comes out of the trans .. and i just put the whole axel in on the passenger side and it looks like its being stretched out too much. and i tried to put my inner on the passenger side stock axel but the inner doesnt fit with the stock bearings ...

Last edited by ej1orbust; 11-21-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

idk what to do im stuck guys
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

You've already been told what to do. Do it to get another trans.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat

you could contact this guy in the thread below (as BeerDrinkin said) - maybe he would make you a bracket - otherwise, about the only solution is to swap the differential carrier and use your stock axles - putting B-series inner joints on the driver's side axle won't work - they won't stay in the transmission - the locking ring on the CV joint is not in the right location

https://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...non-block.html

Last edited by jlicrx; 11-21-2012 at 09:48 AM.
jlicrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

okay where can i get a zc intermediate shaft or what intermediate shaft will work
Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

I just did this with a z6 block with dihc zc trans in a ed. The holes for the intermediate shaft should be on the block they just need tapped. Luckily mine was already tapped lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
I just did this with a z6 block with dihc zc trans in a ed. The holes for the intermediate shaft should be on the block they just need tapped. Luckily mine was already tapped lol.
D15 blocks have no holes - nothing in the right location

Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 grandtheftlunchbox will become famous soon enoughgrandtheftlunchbox will become famous soon enoughgrandtheftlunchbox will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Get that adapter posted above, then get a ZC intermediate shaft off thezcr.com (i'm sure someone will have one), then use a 90-93 integra drivers side axle, and a 92-95 civic passenger side axle with an 89 integra inner cup (same axle configuration you would use for a CG trans swap).
Old 11-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

i said should have, not they do have....

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

almost sounds like ur better off waiting to get the order right, but if you like doing all custom work then it should be fine. The zc trans like any other dohc tranny needs to be mounted properly, and the only way to do that is to make it feel at home.

Using sohc parts for a dohc part doesnt work like that. Not imho.

beer drinkin already laid out your best plan, we're not gonna walk you through it.

Lunch box made it even simpler for you. wash, rinse, repeat. thnx.

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

new edelbrock mani coming soon.
ninjajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlicrx View Post
B-series inner joints on the driver's side axle won't work - they won't stay in the transmission - the locking ring on the CV joint is not in the right location
I never knew this part of it. I always thought that was the way to cheat around it... I guess not. He needs that bracket.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

I would see if these guys could make you a axle so you won't have to change the diff.

Raxles, America's premier supplier of OE quality CV Axles and CV joints - Raxles Inc.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

rather than messing around with finding an intermediate shaft, getting a bracket or buying custom axle, i would just swap the differential carrier in the transmission and use the stock axles - you would need a differential with the large bearings
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in