87 Si D16a1 problems - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 87 Si D16a1 problems

I;m working on a friends 87 CRX Si with a D16a1 swap with a PG7 ecu. Car has been converted to electronic advance by a local shop and ran fine for a few months. But now the problem we're running into is the car will idle but wont rev up at all. Cam and ignition timing is perfect. Engine has new ngk plugs, new plug wires, new dist cap, new rotor and new coil. Also has a new TPS. With the throttle body wide open the motor will rev up but very very slowly. Any ideas what could be the issue here. Thanks guys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Save your $350 and put it towards a 'real' turbo kit.
project*Turbo Z6*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Performance Freaks EG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Any CELs? What's the state of the O2 sensor? Fuel filter? Ignitor?
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Cam timing. Maybe a belt skipped a tooth.

Fuel pressure?

IAT and ECT sensors in spec?

ICM/Ignitor check out?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrettHowell View Post
Any CELs? What's the state of the O2 sensor? Fuel filter? Ignitor?
The owner of the car diidnt have a o2 sensor and had the bung open so i threw a sensor i had layin around in. the ends been cut so its not hooked up. I've already told him he definitely needs a new one. Just trying to narrow this down to a single issue.

Ignitor I'm unsure of. The motor has spark on all 4 cylinders but it does seem weak. Havent checked the fuel filter yet and I'm about to go check the CEL at the moment
Save your $350 and put it towards a 'real' turbo kit.
project*Turbo Z6*

Performance Freaks EG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

You will have at least 1 code for the O2 sensor. Get the crimped in place properly and reset the ECU.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

I would also hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check it while your trying to rev the motor. if you notice a substantial drop in pressure you could have a clogged fuel filter or a bad pump. it is acting like a fuel problem to me, unless your timing is way off, but then it would idle poorly aswell.

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in