Dohc Zc 2nd chance - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard
Default Dohc Zc 2nd chance

Well my last rex was wrecked by my ex as some of you know, this thread will be the motors second chance in a CRX. I picked up my current rex for a great price. It is a 90 dx with 96k converted to mpfi, si trans, after market sunrook, si seats and nice dual headunit. I have had it for almost a month. I swapped the hood, my si seats, and of course the Zc with some help from the beave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoGrid_1349818860654.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	33172   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121024_182150.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	33173   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121027_163810.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	33174   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121027_135037.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	846.8 KB
ID:	33175  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

medinabard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

So far havent done much just chasing gremlins ie oil leaks and dying alternator. My plans for her go as such swap my gc coilovers and si rear swaybar. And all the while im saving up for the last few parts to complete my turbo kit. I have an hf manifold, garret t25, side mount intercooler. My goals are to make it a quick DD/ 02 v6 mustang killer(that was my first car i hated it so bad) Im dream for a nice fat torque curve early on the power band. Any comments or opinions?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sounds like it would be a fun setup. Only suggestion I would have is gasket match the head and port the intake, and of course a good tune. You should kill an 02 v6 stang with I/H/E. Cuase I rape them off the line with my all season tires, and slowly pull them.
93' lx d15b7..AEM CAI,AEM adj. Cam gear,MSD 8.5mm wires,ebay 4-2-1 header, 60mm stainless pipeing,magnaflow highflow cat and magnaflow 6"round muffler,fidanza 3.2 clutch and 7.5lb flywheel, P20 B000 trans.

Future build: D15z1 block,crank and rods with d17 PLR-A0 pistons for a nice (for d series) 1.64 R/S with a y8 head w/y7 valvetrain, colt tri-flow cam and edelbrock intake Mani.
project4dr-eg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by project4dr-eg View Post
Sounds like it would be a fun setup. Only suggestion I would have is gasket match the head and port the intake, and of course a good tune. You should kill an 02 v6 stang with I/H/E. Cuase I rape them off the line with my all season tires, and slowly pull them.
Im currently running a base map that The aid beacer made for me. I have a spare manifold any tips on porting it?

Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

DO WORK!

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

Sound nice. When I get my ZC in and running good on a PG7(not a PM6 that I currently have) I'm thinking I might also go the T25 route. GL with this build. Sub'd

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I started with a pg7 but got the beave to make me a tune

Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

Whats your new redline and fuel cut out set at? 2step?

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Iirc he lowered the redline, Idk the fuel cutoff motor never sees higher than 5k, and thats rarely. It does have a 2 step. The_Acid_beaver knows more about it he may appear here.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 4eyedconekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabard View Post
So far havent done much just chasing gremlins ie oil leaks and dying alternator. My plans for her go as such swap my gc coilovers and si rear swaybar. And all the while im saving up for the last few parts to complete my turbo kit. I have an hf manifold, garret t25, side mount intercooler. My goals are to make it a quick DD/ 02 v6 mustang killer(that was my first car i hated it so bad) Im dream for a nice fat torque curve early on the power band. Any comments or opinions?
Looks good, I like the color. All kinds of teal win in your pics

If a V6 mustang (and an '02 at that) is your goal, a turbo shouldn't be necessary. For the V8 boys, you might need more than a T25 if the car has been modded...

If my first car was a stock, or close to stock V6 Mustang, I'd probably hate 'em too, lol. Pretty anemic to say the least, but usually very reliable.

How was your old car totalled, like where hit (i should search for your thread about your totalled car, I guess) for you to have been able to reuse all the suspension parts and hood, etc?

'97 DX Hatch - Ugly Duckling - tinted tails, Del Sol seats, exhaust leak. DD work in progress.
4eyedconekiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

New V6 mustangs are pretty effing quick. I prefer them to the V8s. (I prefer V6s in general.)

The bin in his ECU is just a cleaned up and modded version of the EDM PM7 maps. Stock redline at 7800RPM, but a lower cold rev limit. It runs a crapton better than a PG7 or PM6, IMO. I'm looking forward to actually getting the thing tuned.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyedconekiller View Post
Looks good, I like the color. All kinds of teal win in your pics

If a V6 mustang (and an '02 at that) is your goal, a turbo shouldn't be necessary. For the V8 boys, you might need more than a T25 if the car has been modded...

If my first car was a stock, or close to stock V6 Mustang, I'd probably hate 'em too, lol. Pretty anemic to say the least, but usually very reliable.

How was your old car totalled, like where hit (i should search for your thread about your totalled car, I guess) for you to have been able to reuse all the suspension parts and hood, etc?
It was hit on both sides twice on the driver and once on the passenger side my old build thread has pics of it.

No real updates. I am having a problem with the lights dimming in rpms less than 1000. I have swapped the alternator with a new one but the problem is still there. I checked the thermostat ground and it wont tighten. So I am thinking it maybe that... Any ideas?

What I had done today was put so HIDs on I got from a member on here and found out my nozzles are cloggled so im not sure which ones to get, Oem CRX, FIT OR RSX. Any other ones that I can use to be considered an upgrade?

Also went to Honda Dealer around here Almost as cheap as Majestic, I picked up S2000 oil filter and an Distributor O-ring. After that I headed to Advanced Auto Parts picked up a gallon of Rotella 10w30(thanks for the idea, Danz!) and a few other things Employee discount FTW!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Well time I post have been dealing with a few things in my life

well i have been fighting of the small things like the oil leak, timing, unclogging my wiper nozzles and tune up

And saying goodbye to rexie...
it broke my heart i still miss the hunk of junk

but she still lives on in this one

IMG_20130204_100500.jpg Photo by medinabard | Photobucket

And while at work A guy showed me his old race car it has no front brakes

Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Alston3ptSwish is almost a somebodyAlston3ptSwish is almost a somebodyAlston3ptSwish is almost a somebodyAlston3ptSwish is almost a somebody

Geez never knew a car came with no front brakes
Alston3ptSwish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yea i didnt believe it till he showed me. It had rear drums.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

nice progress!! looks good!

i dont doubt youll have no problem keeping up to stock auto v6 mustangs. my buddys y8 with stock air box, header, no cat, stock exhaust piping and a dx tranny kept up with an auto v6.

whats your hp goal with the turbo?
40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ideally 200hp not sure if ill hit it but ill try

Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabard View Post
Ideally 200hp not sure if ill hit it but ill try
why would you not hit 200?

what turbo are you gonna use?
40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
why would you not hit 200?

what turbo are you gonna use?
Garrett t25. Just trying not to be set my self up for disappointment i guess lol

Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Looks good. GL with the build.
SpEeD FrEaK 101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in