Bought before researching PLEASE help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bought before researching PLEASE help

Ok so I went tonight to buy what I was told was a y8 motor turns out its a d16a1 dohc motor. I hope I'm in the right thread here (new to site) if not someone please tell me the right one. Ok so here's the problem I know nothing about these motors besides they are non vtec and came in early integras. Are these good motors to build? (Wanting boost) Do they make vtec heads for them? Will they bolt up to my d15 tranny?
Lawrence2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....

how the hell do u confuse a y8 with a dohc motor

SHOULD HAVE USED GOOGLE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow"

RIP PAT

Last edited by aqua_chicken; 10-25-2012 at 06:35 PM.
aqua_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

your screwed.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

yup your f'd that motor wont bolt into shit lol

its poop, try and sell it to someone else good luck man..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

I didn't confuse it that's what he said he had and so I showed up and seen it was a dohc motor and said o well and bought it. why can't they be built?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 559civic_dx is hot as a volcano559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

try finding the parts to work on it then you will see

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

my 1996 hatch build in progress

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
[B]R.I.P. CALI NOOB
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Let me rephrase it. The drivers mount us a odd mount. You will have to make a custom mount. Not to mention its pretty much a sohc d detour do speaking its not close to a B series
Your trans will not bolt to it either. Nor will a b series.
Sell it. Tell us now the market for this motto is not very big at all and you will prob loose money
Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Last edited by sleepingciv; 10-25-2012 at 07:23 PM.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

you sure its the a1 and not a zc?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community

you made a bobo
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

^Its not a DOHC ZC, its a D16A1.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper Si View Post
you made a bobo
just cuz im drunk doesn't mean u aren't lolz

and to.clarify guys...cable d trannies will bolt up to the a1. however one bolt hole on the trans needs to.be elongated. I (like a lot of others) had heard the same line that it wont....until jlicrx posted some images of the modifications.

the biggest inhibiting factor with the a1 is the drivers mount. second and third would be the intake manifold and cams. id still like to.see.an image of said a1 motor tho...

Last edited by theotherchris; 10-25-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: daaaaaaaaarrrrruuuuuunnnnnk
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

No, no and no. Those transmissions are pretty cool though.

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

holy crap I am drunk....ya my bad....its the a1 trans that needs to.be elongated ....everything else I stand behind
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559civic_dx View Post
try finding the parts to work on it then you will see
GTFO of my world. You can get everything you need for any of the DOHC Ds. These are my favorite Honda engine.

So, please, before anything else ignorant comes out of your face, leave this discussion alone.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

^must spread rep.......fml
Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

The D16A1 is the first series DOHC engine otherwise known as the Brown Top. Details of the 4 DOHC Ds and parts sources are posted in the stickies in the DOHC forum. Read and you will learn.

I am 99% sure there is a ZC version of each of the 4 DOHC generations the same as there are also two SOHC ZCs, so despite it's popularity (it kinda just flows of the tongue so easy and sounds so cool) it's a rather confusing term.

A lot of external stuff on the D16A1 is different to all other Ds,

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

So I guess I should have researched a little but it'll buff I guess I'll put it back on like the right way for sale
Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I've seen people use the CG trans from that with a D series motor. Why can't you do the opposite? Mounting, well, a bit of welding and that can be taken care of.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'm new to the whole Honda world here just trying do some research
Old 10-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

check out thezcr.com for more research. there's alot info and alot less miss informed people
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in