Dohc zc motor jdm d15b tranny axle help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Dohc zc motor jdm d15b tranny axle help

i have a 94 honda civic with a dohc zc swap its automatic, i messed up the zc tranny so i bought a jdm d15b tranny from the jdm engine depot and everything bolted up perfect no problems but i went to go put my axles in and there jus not fitting. they fit in fine wit no problems wit the zc tranny but now wit the d15b tranny its like the axle head tht goes into the tranny on both the drivers and passengers side are too small, i took a b series axle and visualy compared the sizes and it looks to be the same size as a b series. anyone have this problem or know an answer please i need help thanks.
t0ny gl0ws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

need help asap
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat

do you have the intermediate axle shaft? ZC transmissions (manual and auto) use the intermediate shaft and larger equal length Integra type axles - sounds to me like you didn't have the ZC transmission before, but you do now?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlicrx View Post
do you have the intermediate axle shaft? ZC transmissions (manual and auto) use the intermediate shaft and larger equal length Integra type axles - sounds to me like you didn't have the ZC transmission before, but you do now?
i had a full auto zc swap i have the papers and everything, i bought a single jdm b15b tranny and i have single axles but the diameter of the head tht goes into the tranny is too small and it doesnt lock in
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

i had un equal sized axles wit no half shaft
Old 09-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

bbbbuummppppppp
Old 09-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Then you just need regular d series inners for your axles if the ones you have are too big to fit in the diff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Then you just need regular d series inners for your axles if the ones you have are too big to fit in the diff.
the axles i have are too small, they go in but dont lock in and dont catch the teeth and when tranny fluid is put in it pours out
Old 09-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

two options then. 1 find a dohc zc half shaft (good luck an isk if it needs to be auto) and get 90-93 tegy axles. or 2 take 2 90-93 or 94-00 passenger inner cups and but tem on deseries axles.
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDeath View Post
two options then. 1 find a dohc zc half shaft (good luck an isk if it needs to be auto) and get 90-93 tegy axles. or 2 take 2 90-93 or 94-00 passenger inner cups and but tem on deseries axles.
yea i jus got b series boots and im gonna try and make them fit wit the single axles

thanks
Old 09-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ny gl0ws View Post
the axles i have are too small, they go in but dont lock in and dont catch the teeth and when tranny fluid is put in it pours out
I miss read your post then. You just need to do the opposite then and get a b-series inner for your axles. Sorry for the mix-up

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDeath View Post
ya thats what needs to be done, make your own axles, its super easy. inner teg hubs, attached to civic shaft = working axle
MtZCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtZCguy View Post
ya thats what needs to be done, make your own axles, its super easy. inner teg hubs, attached to civic shaft = working axle
i did the passanger side and its all good but the long axle on the driver side dosnt work cus the inner dosnt fit on it do u know if i need a certain combo wit years or anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in