car falls on its face at high rpm - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 rpmraper is learning the way of the Drpmraper is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question car falls on its face at high rpm

High rpm anything over 4k it will hardly move.. what are some causes ? Timing is good used came holes, new plugs, wires, fuel filter, cap , and rotor and new coil also. I know my iac needs cleaning but I don't think that could be the problem though. Any ideas ? I'm not sure about the ignition timing btw I don't have a light, I'll get that checked Tuesday.
rpmraper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Your timing is off.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Cam timing off causing the ignition timing to be off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 rpmraper is learning the way of the Drpmraper is learning the way of the D

The cam timing is stll good I checked it yesterday. When I did it I used the holes and also compared it to, pictures from a thread on here .
Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

What ECU? Any CEL's?

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I'm getting a code 9. Ecu is a pg7 . I just checked my gears and both are even with the head still.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Black_Hand is starting to learn the ropesBlack_Hand is starting to learn the ropesBlack_Hand is starting to learn the ropesBlack_Hand is starting to learn the ropesBlack_Hand is starting to learn the ropesBlack_Hand is starting to learn the ropesBlack_Hand is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Code 9 is cylinder position sensor. Ether a wiring problem or the sensor is going. You might pull it and see if it's gummed up to where it would cause it to not want to read. If not then it might be time to replace.

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com App
Old 09-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I've notice a few wires at the ecu a ef"d up and also I have an external oil leak on the VC where that sensor is I've never opened it yet to check inside honda said those things very rarely crap out, I guess I'll check the wiring tomorrow what am I looking or c1 and c2 at the ecu? Any idea how much that sensor would run? Man I want my z6 back
Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

On a tablet sometimes buttons don't press sorry lol
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Your.

Cam.

Timing.

Is.

Incorrect.

I won't repeat myself.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Can you explain to me how my cam timing is off if I used the holes to time it ? It looks exactly like the rest of the pictures on here of a correctly timed dohc. If your going to tell me its off then tell me why you think its off fyi I'd rather you not respond if your going to be rude . If you don't want to repeat yourself, then don't. But please don't say blunt things with no explanation. That's not helping and that's the point of this forum...
Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

even if you timmed the cams the way you said they can be still out of time to the crank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

A code 9 on a DOHC ZC is a sure sign that your cam timing is off. It is nearly never anything else unless the wiring is boogered up, and if that was the case, you would have other issues.

I don't care if you used the alignment holes. I don't care if you think you did the perfect job. Your cam timing, according to the ECU is off.

Since you have no top end, retard the exhaust cam one tooth and see if your code disappears and the engine starts to respond.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Even if the holes line up, your crank might not have been at TDC or the head/block might have a lot milled off them or the key in the cam might have sheared or the cam might have been reground out of index for instance. The sensor could also be defective.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

The wires look like a birds nest at the ecu, the sensor inside has a little oil in it also. It used to just be a random code 9 like just came on sometimes.. like when you started the car no cel, but if it had some kind of electrical load such as headlights ect the code would appear. Now its on all the time I'm taking it to a honda tech today ( my buddy) . He's going to give everything a once over and test that sensor and check all the timing ect. I would love to be able to do it myself but I've got 6 kids. Wife and its memorial weekend I prob won't even have enough time to wipe my ass later..damn it.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

damn 6 kids? Someone was busy! I hope you get it fixed by your buddy. It does sound like the timing is off. Timing isnt just at the cams it also includes the crank aswell and as stated if your crank wasnt TDC then adjusting the timing at the cams is pointless.
azzazel_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yeah 6 kids lol its nap time right now so I took the time to check on this post. When I did the timing everything was was at tdc. Had a long screw driver in cyl number 1 . That's why this whole ordeal is weird lol
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Just an update.. I went and checked the cams and the crank again, cams even with the head , and the line that's all by its self on the crank is even with the pointer on the block..so either I used the wrong line on the crank or its the sensor.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Another update.. trying to provide as much info as I can.. took the cover off the cam sensor and it had oil in it, also had oil IN the electrical connector.. I sprayed it out with Carb cleaner and I'm waiting for it to dry. Do I replace the sensor or do they sell a gasket kit for it?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

alignment marks on the cams aren't sposed to line up with the head.....weren't u told this in your other thread.

good luck finding a gasket kit. better off getting a new sensor if the seals are bad.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in